Understanding the "Con"

It's interesting that "artist" is usually part of the name for these criminals.

The plots are almost totally Scripted & Orchestrated. When I went back to school, almost 50 years ago, there was a guy in one class who mentioned a previous endeavor he had been engaged in, (whether it was even technically illegal or not I can't recall, in fact I don't even remember what it entailed).

'They' dealt almost exclusively, (as far as I remember), with relatively new arrivals to Canada, (chasing the dream, as it were).

He drove a 'fancy' car, (leased I presume), and when he picked the mark up at his abode he feigned exhaustion and asked the guy if he wouldn't mind driving.

Act I: Guy's probably never been in an automobile of this calibre before....and suddenly he's driving one.

Act II: Applicable ethnic music in the tape deck (this was 50+ years back) to enhance the illusion.

ACT III (And I've forgotten all the in-between stuff)....when a signature is required, the mark is handed a form on a clipboard.....on a slope, with a gold pen rolling down into his hands...that is instinctively grabbed.

Kabuki Theatre....manipulative and preordained.

Back
Top Bottom