Used Civic or used Accord??

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I have a good friend whose lease is up on his SUV, and wants a smaller car. I am biased toward the Accord, but the 2006 and newer Civics I have heard are nice.

He has two kids and is tall like me (6'2") Is there enough room for a taller person in the newer Civic model? I thought a few on here had the car. BTW, he needs a sedan........:) Thanks.........

I had an accord in the early 80's. A Stick shift as well. Looks like I will revisiting one in the near future. My Trailblazer gets no better mileage than a Tahoe. :(

I'm 6'2" and I test drove the new Civic when it came out. I'm very impressed with the fit and finish and quality. I fit quite well in the front seat, but I wouldn't want to ride too long in the back. Not horrible though.

I had an accord in the early 80's. A Stick shift as well. Looks like I will revisiting one in the near future. My Trailblazer gets no better mileage than a Tahoe. :(

I heard the new Acadia and Enclave gets 24 mpg on the highway......:)

About height and fitting in cars... A group of people all say 6'2" tall may fit differently. One person may have long legs and a shorter torso, another shorter legs and a longer torso, and all sorts of variations in between. The true test is for the person concerned to try it.

This came out of a conversation once in a small group of people all the same height. We were surprised how different the legroom for us was in auditorium seating. We all swapped around seats, and then discovered it was us, not a variation in seat spacing.
Also, someone with a big butt is going to take up more fore-and-aft seating space.

saw a civic on the road other day and did a double-take 'cause i liked it but didn't know what it was. nice car.

With most small cars it is usually the rear seat that is difficult to fit into. The only way to be sure a car fits you is to try it out. It seems that the Civic now is about the same size as what the Accord used to be 4-5 years ago.

I like my 2006 (redesigned model) Civic. I'm 5'8" and fit ok...course that is a few inches short from 6'. One thing that I have just a little problem with is getting out of it. I had a SUV my last car before the Civic and I climbed DOWN to get out of the seat. Now, with the Civic I have to rise UP to get out. I guess it was just easier falling out of my other car than going thru the work of pulling myself out. Not a biggie tho.....I really like my Civic. My daughter also has one, same year as mine. I have the EX (4 door) and she has the LX (2 door).

My 6'2" 210-lb dad bought a 2008 Civic and he, my mom and I drove from SF to San Diego in it a couple of months ago.

I am 5'6" and 150lbs, and rode in the back when I wasn't taking my turn at the wheel.

We were all happy, and had enough room left for a week's worth of luggage besides.

And check out a Hyundai, while you are at it.

You're right brewer. I got my daughter a Hyundai Elantra a few years ago and it has been great. Best warranty in the business, good gas mileage and has been very reliable.

I test drove a 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid. I'm 5'9" and had plenty of room to spare. I actually thought the quality was really nice. I was really sold on the look as well.

With that being said, the better half of my most recently failed relationship had an older Accord and I loved it and would much rather have that, newer or older.

I test drove a 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid. I'm 5'9" and had plenty of room to spare. I actually thought the quality was really nice. I was really sold on the look as well.

With that being said, the better half of my most recently failed relationship had an older Accord and I loved it and would much rather have that, newer or older.

I love my 2003 Accord sedan, it is easily the best car I have ever owned............;)

The '06 and newer Civics are pretty spacious, but given the marginal difference in cost, even for a used one, I'd go Accord.

Civics are so popular for young men (at least they used to be--DS is still driving a stick 100K+ mileage 98 Civic) that I would want the "grown-up" Accord. Loved our old Accord.

6' tall, or use to be I haven't measured lately. Love our 2006 Civic 4 door. Bought it new and we have about 37,000 miles on it and have averaged 34mpg all types of driving, Winter/Summer, town/trips. 40+mpg on trips. Lots of room and comfortable on trips. I loved it as soon as I drove it. Took the wife down since she is short and often doesn't like the same cars I like and it fit her perfect to. We often go places with 4 adults and no one complains.

The hybrid drew me in but ended up buying the middle trim level, the difference in mpg didn't seem to justify the extra cost since it was only available on the high end model and didn't think we need a sun roof and fancy wheels for the extra cost.

The Accord is a bit lager but doesn't get as good a mpg and is more than a little more expensive if you compare comparable trim levels.

Jeb

And check out a Hyundai, while you are at it.

I am sure you posted somewhere else... but I dont' remember... do you have one...

I will agree... I was very impressed with these cars... and they seemed a LOT cheaper than the Japanese cars...

I am sure you posted somewhere else... but I dont' remember... do you have one...

I will agree... I was very impressed with these cars... and they seemed a LOT cheaper than the Japanese cars...

Nope, don't own one. But my next door neighbors have two and the babysitter has one and they all seem to be very nice cars, especially for the money. The long term reliability data on Hyundai's has been steadily improving, too.

If I needed a runabout, I would also at least go test drive a Kia Rondo.

Nissan Versa

Take a look at the Versa. I think there is more room in the back seat than a Civic and Accord. The hatch back or the sedan is available. Only feature lacking in the sedan is the seats do not fold down. Price is eqaul or better the Civic as is MPG also.

Back
Top Bottom