Vanguard webinar- spending in retirment

Tailgate

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Watched earlier today. Mostly validated a little that I already had learned. They remain pretty traditional in most areas and that 4% is a reasonable SWR to start with, depending on time horizon and AA. Here's their approach to SWR . Basically the article is an overview of 3 different SWR strategies. I have no idea if the hybrid strategy is new information or old info since I am pretty new to the ins/outs of self directing my accounts. All in all, the webinar was nicely done and presented without a lot of sales pitches.

Option 3 is somewhat of a match for me. What I see myself doing is following a path much like that which I've used during my working life. When income fell, I cut back spending. When income became sufficient and increased spending levels were necessary, I increased spending. Flexibility has always been my watchword.

Being eternally frugal, I will probably err on the side of caution and cut spending too much. That's okay with me because I don't get a lot of satisfaction spending anymore and being able to sleep at night is priceless.

Last edited:
That's okay with me because I don't get a lot of satisfaction spending anymore and being able to sleep at night is priceless.
Being able to sleep in the daytime is good too - as is being able to sleep any time you darned well want to :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom