Vantage Travel Experience?

jimnjana

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
DW and I booked a last minute Greek Islands Cruise with Vantage Travel. Anybody have any experience with them? We will be on a small for us, 40 passenger Yacht, but in the lowest category room (last one available) total cost w/ airfare, pre/post night in Athens and 7 night cruise is less than $5100 total for both of us. Now to find a dog sitter.

Nope never used them,

When is the cruise scheduled ?
Just wondering as Greece can be pretty hot even in months close to Summer.

We depart later this month on the 28th. Checking weather.com looks like if anything might be a little cooler than here in FL.

Greek Islands are on my bucket list. Let us know how the cruise works out. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Never cruised with them, but I thought they were a river cruise company... Price seems very reasonable, particularly including the airfare. Have a great trip!

I have done a number of river cruises with them, and have been happy with the accommodations, food, and tours

Four week river cruise with them this past May. Loved the service, amenities, and crew, they were all remarkable. Food was so-so IMO, nothing to either complain or rave about. I've heard it generally falls short of big ship cuisine due to smaller galley/provisions space. Loved the free flowing beer and wine at dinner, however!

We just got back from a 12 night Celebrity cruise to Malta, the Greek Isles, Turkey and back to Venice. For most people, it would be a trip of a lifetime.

You'll like the Greek Islands. We especially enjoyed renting an ATV on Santorini, riding a bus all over Malta and Crete.

Your accommodations should really be something--like a private yacht. It'll be a glorious experience for you.

DW and I booked a last minute Greek Islands Cruise with Vantage Travel. Anybody have any experience with them? We will be on a small for us, 40 passenger Yacht, but in the lowest category room (last one available) total cost w/ airfare, pre/post night in Athens and 7 night cruise is less than $5100 total for both of us. Now to find a dog sitter.

You got a GREAT deal.

Did you find this last minute deal on their website, or offered via a 3rd party?

Does that price you stated include the port fees , which for 1 Greek trip I looked up were $560

NO experience with them, but we too have the Greek Isles on our list...will be good to hear your experience...have fun!

You got a GREAT deal.

Did you find this last minute deal on their website, or offered via a 3rd party?

Does that price you stated include the port fees , which for 1 Greek trip I looked up were $560

That was the total with all fees. It does not include gratuities and alcohol. There is also one shore excursion it does not include, but includes all others. The list price per person was $8100 plus fees. We found out about the deal via a last minute email that a friend forwarded to us. She received $200 future travel credit and we also received $200 off (that was included in the $5100 price we paid). We also did not get the trip insurance they were selling, we have access to an inexpensive travel agent insurance product. Vantage does all sales in house, they don't sell through travel agents.

Four week river cruise with them this past May. Loved the service, amenities, and crew, they were all remarkable. Food was so-so IMO, nothing to either complain or rave about. I've heard it generally falls short of big ship cuisine due to smaller galley/provisions space. Loved the free flowing beer and wine at dinner, however!

We assumed the price did not include the beer/wine. Hmmm... this may be a better deal than we thought.

The trip was well worth the price we paid.
Itinerary Highlights
Pre/Post Hotel - Solid 3 star hotel, used by many tour companies, great pool w/views on 9th floor,
Mykonos - Mykonos
Santorini- Akrotiri and Fira
Herakolin - Knossos Palace
Rethymnon - Chania
Monemvasia - Gibraltar of Greece
Nafplion- Mycenae ruins
We were on the Harmony G, operated by Variety Cruises. Ship is about 17 years old and is going into dry dock this winter. While common areas were fine, rooms were dated and almost all had small single beds. Bathrooms were surprisingly large, but some were wet (toilet/shower combo). Meals were fine, buffet breakfast and lunch, and dinners were surprisingly good. Crew was great and our program manager/tour guide was fantastic. The tours were very good, with the exception of the optional tour in Santorini. We would tour with vantage again, provided we got a last minute deal. We will also look into variety cruises the owner of the ship. They have a small fleet of vessels of similar size and contract out to other tour operators as well.

Back
Top Bottom