VMMXX > Ally > VMFXX

We used to keep around 100K in various bank accounts. Many lost years of no interest for the liquidity.

Been consolidating lately and moving money over toward MM type funds.

Trying to get bank accounts down to just Emergency fund levels.

At some point my emergency fund will be $1000 in small bills hidden with a handgun in the freezer :)

I have seen ads for PNC at ~4% for a while now. They are always on the login page for both AOL and Yahoo emails. As you point out though, If you go directly to their site and look up their savings rate, it is 0.03%.

Looked it up... you are talking about 2 different type of savings account...

I saw high yield savings at 4.65%, but standard savings at .03%....

Looked it up... you are talking about 2 different type of savings account...

I saw high yield savings at 4.65%, but standard savings at .03%....

And, This Product Isn't Available in Your Area
Not even available in my state. And I couldn't find where it was available on the PNC site, without providing ALL your personal info first.
PNC’s High Yield Savings account is only available in states that don’t have physical branches. You’ll need to live in one of the 32 eligible states to be eligible to apply.
https://www.finder.com/pnc-high-yield-savings-account

Last edited:
We keep NMT $1K in our lame USAA checking act. The rest goes into CRFMMF @ VG the has a 5.06% yield. Last year it was @ Ally, but they fell behind quite a while ago. I've got a lot of cash, so, I'm lovin this monthly return on the account after so many years of poor yield.

We have 4.15% on savings at Capital One which is less than a mile from the house. We also took an 11 month CD there for 5% a few months ago. This is our daily living money and quick cash stash.
All other cash is in a Fidelity MM earning 4.74%.

We have 4.15% on savings at Capital One which is less than a mile from the house. We also took an 11 month CD there for 5% a few months ago. This is our daily living money and quick cash stash.
All other cash is in a Fidelity MM earning 4.74%.

Why not use FZDXX in Fidelity which is around 4.93%, or are you concerned with their slightly riskier investments?

Honestly at this point the spread between FDRXX (4.78%) and FZDXX (4.93%) is so small relatively speaking, I don’t worry about it anymore.

I spend more time on short-term t-bills yielding ~5.5%.

Last edited:
Why not use FZDXX in Fidelity which is around 4.93%, or are you concerned with their slightly riskier investments?

The money in the MM just got there and is being reinvested in short time. When we sold it went into that SPAXX account. We never looked into moving it in between because it will only be there a very short time.

How about Apple's Goldman Sachs accounts?

4.15% rate I think. Some other high yield savings accounts offer the same.

Still a lot lower than money market funds available at brokerages which are paying 4.75%+.

Back
Top Bottom