Warren Buffett to heirs: Put my estate in index funds

Ready

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I think this has been mentioned in passing in other threads, but I found the article a good summation of Warren's advice from his recent letter to put 90% of your money in index funds (he recommends Vanguard) and don't pay attention to the advisors who want you to buy active funds and pay them large fees to give you advice to do so. If this doesn't convince you to get rid of your financial advisor, I suspect nothing will.

Warren Buffett to heirs: Put my estate in index funds - MarketWatch

His successors at Berkshire must be thrilled.

Perhaps Warren thinks no one else can match his successful record- or at least none of his heirs ;)

His successors at Berkshire must be thrilled.

He isn't leaving any Berkshire Hathaway stock to his heirs. All of his Berkshire Hathaway stock gets distributed to various foundations, primarily the Gate foundations.

He isn't leaving any Berkshire Hathaway stock to his heirs. All of his Berkshire Hathaway stock gets distributed to various foundations, primarily the Gate foundations.
Perhaps he'll cash out of BH.

I think this has been mentioned in passing in other threads, but I found the article a good summation of Warren's advice from his recent letter to put 90% of your money in index funds (he recommends Vanguard) and don't pay attention to the advisors who want you to buy active funds and pay them large fees to give you advice to do so. If this doesn't convince you to get rid of your financial advisor, I suspect nothing will.

Warren Buffett to heirs: Put my estate in index funds - MarketWatch

Of course this would be easy with his money I am guessing the dividends would fill a bank account very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom