What to do? Lake House or earlier FIRE ?

Thanks again for all of the replies, I've read em all a few times ! I (think) I've decided what to do, as I pretty much have to make up my mind today as to whether or not I am going to buy the house on the lake in order to get my deposit back. I think I am going to compromise. I found a very cool A-Frame which has deeded beach rights shared with a few other homes. It's water view, not waterfront, but it's only a few steps to the shared beach. The house is dirt cheap as it is a foreclosure, with which I am intimately familiar. It needs work like most foreclosures, but it is primarily cosmetic. I'm a hell of a do-it-yourselfer, so this is not an issue. Plus, the best part, it's about 1/3rd the price ! I already looked at it and will put a bid on it today. This will let me sleep better at night, as I REALLY have a problem paying full price for anything !

Thanks again for all the responses, It helped me work this thru logically. Funny thing is, I'm going to walk away with MORE money in my pocked after I buy the A frame (assuming my bid is accepted) when I sell my other house ! Can't beat that with a stick, it's actually helping me get to FIRE !

Keep the faith all !

-Pan-

panhead said:
Thanks again for all of the replies, I've read em all a few times !  I (think) I've decided what to do, as I pretty much have to make up my mind today as to whether or not I am going to buy the house on the lake in order to get my deposit back.  I think I am going to compromise.  I found a very cool A-Frame which has deeded beach rights shared with a few other homes.  It's water view, not waterfront, but it's only a few steps to the shared beach.  The house is dirt cheap as it is a foreclosure, with which I am intimately familiar. It needs work like most foreclosures, but it is primarily cosmetic.  I'm a hell of a do-it-yourselfer, so this is not an issue.  Plus, the best part, it's about 1/3rd the price !   I already looked at it and will put a bid on it today.  This will let me sleep better at night, as I REALLY have a problem paying full price for anything ! 

Thanks again for all the responses, It helped me work this thru logically.  Funny thing is, I'm going to walk away with MORE money in my pocked after I buy the A frame  (assuming my bid is accepted) when I sell my other house !  Can't beat that with a stick, it's actually helping me get to FIRE !

Keep the faith all !

-Pan-

Way to go! This is the perfect decision!

I say buy the house. You're going to have a lot more time on your hands when you FIRE. Better be somewhere that you are very happy with.
Michelle

Back
Top Bottom