Where subforum can you ask people to evaluate you financial situation?

Brook2

Recycles dryer sheets
I'm helping a friend who is trying to figure out if they can retire (have people look at their numbers/situation) - and I thought this would be a good place to refer them to, to get feedback - but I'm not seeing what sub-forum they should post in (?) Most look like investment strategies - and not evaluating an overall situation (expenses,income, etc)

I would suggest your friend first post an introductory post in this forum (Hi I am). Then a post in Fire and Money asking for advice/suggestions.

Probably FIRE and money. Has your friend run firecalc and similar calculators? That would be useful to both the friend and to the feedback on the post....

E.T.A.--and, agree with Rodi. An introductory post would be nice as well!

Probably FIRE and money. Has your friend run firecalc and similar calculators? That would be useful to both the friend and to the feedback on the post....

E.T.A.--and, agree with Rodi. An introductory post would be nice as well!

Agree. There are some super-simple (literally, back of the envelope) calculators.* I agree with 2017ish that your friend should try FIRECalc. It's sort of the go-to calculator here.

*My favorite back-of-the-envelope calculator is the 4% rule. Essentially, determine about how much your friend plans to spend in one year of retirement. That amount needs to be about 4% or less of their retirement "stash." Actually calculating the needed stash would be as simple as (yearly spend X 25) which is equivalent to dividing spend level by 4% (0.04)

IF that BOTE calculation seems okay, then w*rk on the details with (for instance) FIRECalc or even more sophisticated, but available calculators. Keep in mind that most of us have or will "measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk and cut with an axe" when all is said and done. Be flexible.

Good luck to your friend.

Back
Top Bottom