Why buy stocks?

old medic

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Buy plywood instead....
I have a trailer load of OSB we bought to use on our house rebuild a few months back... with all the new (10) windows... $2800...
It would cost me $2300just to buy the same OSB today...
Had I pulled all our savings and bought OSB... Profit of $130K

Buy plywood instead....
I have a trailer load of OSB we bought to use on our house rebuild a few months back... with all the new (10) windows... $2800...
It would cost me $2300just to buy the same OSB today...
Had I pulled all our savings and bought OSB... Profit of $130K

There is a new neighborhood being build a little ways up the road from us and they have resorted to 24 hour security patrols because of lumber thefts. Odd times we are living in these days.

I put all my power tools out in the yard with a tarp over them and moved my plywood inside to protect it.

Its funny you mention it.... I do move the trailer in the garage when we are gone away...
Once We get a section cleared out in the house we will unload it inside...

Amazing to me.... Living on the edge of the piney woods here in Texas and you'd never know there was any sort of lumber shortages... Saw mills are running full blast (a new one just opened nearby recently, which makes 3 within ~10 miles) and log trucks are filling the roads.

Also noticed that there are a lot of dead pine trees from the winter freeze. I'd estimate 20 to 30% of the pines died in the big freeze in our area. Another ~20% look half dead. It killed a bunch of hardwoods too.

Last edited:
In my sister's neighborhood north of Austin they are limiting building to one a month due to supply issues... and they can't tell you what the price is until it is done... either you want it or you don't.

Strange times indeed.

This could turn out to be just like the TP shortage - after all, it's pretty much the same materials - especially the cheap stuff I bought which DW has now put MY name on to use!:blush: YMMV

I'm thinking about buying a portable saw mill... got plenty of trees here

Back
Top Bottom