Your Favorite Beer

This

Attachments

• Kentucky ale.jpg
    Kentucky ale.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 46
I found Athletic beer and will try my first one tonight with dinner. It’s also reasonably low in carbs and calories. I’ll see what I think.

Next I suppose you'll tell me that Samuel Smith's Tadcaster Porter is no more. That would be a shame.

Taddy is still with us.

I'll need to find some near me (OK, Binnys has Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout, Taddy Porter, and Nut Brown Ale in stock - yeah!).

I recall that was a real treat in the days before the US craft beer scene took hold, as there wasn't a lot of good beers/ales out there to choose from. I'm sure they are still a treat - I mostly recall the Nut Brown and Oat Stout (which they carry, but shows out-of-stock).

-ERD50

Last edited:

From what I recall, that one was just 'too much' for me. Too much vanilla, too sweet for my tastes. I like bourbon barrel (in small doses, a 'sipping beer' for me), but I like them a bit drier, a bit more subtle. Just personal preference, I know a lot of people really like it.

Cheers!

-ERD50

I found and tried an Athletic Golden brew last night.

I think I will restrict my beer drinking to once or twice a week with a local craft brew beer.

I like the Yuengling Hershey's Chocolate Porter but I think it is seasonal since I only see it available for 2-3 months during the year. I usually only buy a case or 2 for the year when I find it since I am not a big drinker. After that there is a local brewery that brews Count Shakula a chocolate oatmeal stout. You may notice a theme here. :D

I do like Stouts and Porters. I lean toward those that have a roasty coffee flavor as opposed to Chocolate or Vanilla. Two that I keep on hand are Deschutes Brewing Obsideon Russian Imperial Stout and Great Lakes Brewing Edmond Fitzgerald Porter.

I have not found a NA Stout or Porter that was worth drinking.

I'll stay out of this one.

Remember almost being stoned to death while in college after I made the comment (I'm not really a drinker of any booze) beer is beer, pretty much all alike :(.

From what I recall, that one was just 'too much' for me. Too much vanilla, too sweet for my tastes. I like bourbon barrel (in small doses, a 'sipping beer' for me), but I like them a bit drier, a bit more subtle. Just personal preference, I know a lot of people really like it.

Cheers!

-ERD50

They do have a vanilla flavored bourbon barrel beer, and I agree it is too much. Perhaps you tried that one? The regular one is pretty sweet, but I don't get a vanilla taste out of it.

Remember almost being stoned to death while in college after I made the comment (I'm not really a drinker of any booze) beer is beer, pretty much all alike :(.

My goodness, how do you maintain so much self-control to stay clear of this topic? :rolleyes:

Don't ever say that if anyone is drinking from a "long neck." Those are pretty wicked weapons in a bar fight. Uh, not that I've actually BEEN in a bar fight, but... I do know some guys, well... Never mind.:cool:

My goodness, how do you maintain so much self-control to stay clear of this topic? :rolleyes:

I'm making progress. I used to think that a drink (any, not just beer) was the same, from glass bottle or plastic cup. After seeing the light, I can say that from glass bottle is 100 times better.

I never drink beer from a bottle. In my opinion, its better decanted...yes, I said decanted, into a glass (or red solo cup) so that some of the gasses are released. this helps prevent bloating, and improves the taste.

I don't have a favorite beer, but like beer like my woman...bitter and aggressive. so, ipa's.

I don't how long it's been, but it's been a very long time (decades). Corona Lite is my favorite by a long shot unless I can get the Asian brew of Tiger but it's really hard to get here in the US. The US brew of Tiger just ain't the same.

Shows how long I have been away from the UK. I forget the year, but it was in the middle to late 90's. I remember getting off the plane going to the nearest Courage pub and downing a couple right there. I also remember I was taken back by the price, from when I was in my teens and 20's.

A British pub bitter is my favorite beer. Bitters (Tetley's, Boddington's or even Fuller's ESB) used to be easier to find in the U.S, but have mostly disappeared. I can still find Sam Smith Nut Brown, but I haven't found the Pale Ale in years. (My last one was in a Sam Smith pub in London.) The previously ubiquitous Bass, I believe, is no longer made. The other one I see sometimes is Old Speckled Hen.
If any of you can recommend an American beer that comes close, I'll be in your debt forever.

Back
Top Bottom