19 and addicted pt. 2

rweb941

Confused about dryer sheets
Hey Guys, I introduced myself originally in the young peoples thread. ( hence pt 2)

Anyways, I am 19 soon to be 20. When I was 18, I opened a Roth IRA that now has 8500 in it. I have also put away over 15,000 in taxable accounts. I am also currently going to college, and I work part time during the year and full time during summer. I am soon to open a individual Roth 401k, as under tax law I am considered a sole proprietor since I sell or "donate" my blood platelets weekly. This will allow me to put about 2000 into it every year that I donate blood. I really like the idea of retiring when I am about 50. I don't want to retire sooner than that because I am afraid that I would run out of things to. I know I have a long way before then and I don't know what the future will bring. I just know that if the world doesn't collapse or we blow ourselves up, I should have a comfy retirement. Members who commented on the other thread were worried that I had no life and to enjoy it more. I do manage to get out and do many things that I enjoy, go to a few parties, etc. I also have a few hobbies ( fishing, kayaking, boating, gardening etc.) It is wonderful to find a place with other like minded folks.:dance:

welcome back. You are so far ahead of your peers in terms of savings and habits that it should pay off big-time later on!

Just having a goal puts you on the path for success. Most your age need assistance from parents or similar to live. Second the suggestion to enjoy life some more while young

Keep up the good work!

Welcome and well done!

I predict FI success down the road sooner rather than later since you have your eye on the ball so early in the game.

Back
Top Bottom