20 + years as a dink family and we gave it up!

GladToBeFree

Dryer sheet aficionado
Hi, all y'all from Sunny and dry Georgia. I finally pissed my boss off enough so that he put me on the next layoff list a couple of years back and my wife, said "If you're going to stop working so am I" so she resigned from teaching (35 years was enough).

Now we're enjoying the good life. Our only source of income for the first couple of years was our investments but last year I started to get ss and my wife this year will be getting her teacher's pension. And when I turn 65 I'll start getting a small pension from a plan I was vested in a number of years ago, so until the next great Depression, we're probably OK. :cool:

Congratulations and welcome

Of course, it sounds like you have things under control. Look around and we look forward to your contributions.

Hi, all y'all from Sunny and dry Georgia. I finally pissed my boss off enough so that he put me on the next layoff list a couple of years back and my wife, said "If you're going to stop working so am I" so she resigned from teaching (35 years was enough).

Now we're enjoying the good life. Our only source of income for the first couple of years was our investments but last year I started to get ss and my wife this year will be getting her teacher's pension. And when I turn 65 I'll start getting a small pension from a plan I was vested in a number of years ago, so until the next great Depression, we're probably OK. :cool:

Boy wouldn't a month of cloudy skies and rain be nice!?

Welcome to the forum! Pull up a chair, kick back, and make yourself at home.

TG

Once a DINK always a DINK only the source of the income changes. Welcome and enjoy your life it is the best revenge re. your former boss.

Sounds like your boss did you a favor. Welcome

Back
Top Bottom