20 years old, shooting for ER in the next couple years

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came back for a brief update. Thanks to those who offered constructive posts.

I find the "I couldn't do it, so it must be impossible" attitude given off by CaliforniaMan and a couple other posters to be quite amusing. Arrogance at it's finest - continued denial of something any logical person would accept as fact given the amount of overwhelming evidence supporting it, simply because doing so would mean acknowledging your own failures. Age does not necessarily bring wisdom, and clearly not humility either.

I opened my live account shortly before creating this thread, after months of refining my strategy on practice accounts. Since then I am up 11.69%, which comes out to an average daily return of +.31%.

I've also been extended an offer to mentee under a trader who has been remarkably successful, and is looking to start a small private firm.

My goal in this venture isn't to make myself obscenely rich. I am very much so a minimalist. Once I have a comfortable egg built for myself, I will be looking towards philanthropy and funding meaningful scientific research.

Yup, there's a "system" for sale here. Please take this stuff to some other forum. I'm a bit upset I spent time giving you my best advice earlier. Live and learn I guess.

Yup, there's a "system" for sale here. Please take this stuff to some other forum. I'm a bit upset I spent time giving you my best advice earlier. Live and learn I guess.

Lmao. When in any of my posts did I say I had anything to sell? I came back to update on my progress. That is all. My system is not for sale and never will be.

If I was trying to sell something, there are 1,000 other forums which I could have chosen where I would have had easier targets. I watch people get suckered every day on Forex Factory and BabyPips.

I actually would buy popcorn, REWahoo, but only if you have a secret system for adding more buttery flavor than anyone else can provide.

Funny stuff. Guess that's what I get for posting better gains in a month than you guys see on average in a year.

Enjoy being mediocre.

jadd, why are you exchanging insults with a bunch of 'mediocre millionaires' on this forum when you could be making big bucks trading? Seems like a real waste of your time.

jadd, why are you exchanging insults with a bunch of 'mediocre millionaires' on this forum when you could be making big bucks trading? Seems like a real waste of your time.

My actual trading only takes me about 30 minutes each day since I trade Daily time frames.

Work is slow, plenty of free time to surf the net...

Other than that it's just patience for a few years while I let compound interest do all the work.

Anyway you're right, it is a waste of time. Feel free to close, lock, or delete the thread. Whatever. I won't be coming back.

I thought I could offer a perspective on someone trying to hit FI in a few years by hard work and unconventional methods. Apparently that's not wanted here.

I get very little satisfaction in belittling all of your accomplishments, compared to what you guys seem to get out of doing so to mine. Maybe it's just a defense mechanism; unwilling to accept that anybody could be successful without grinding tens of thousands of hours in some halogen-lit cubicle and clipping coupons every weekend from the Sunday paper. Unwilling to accept that someone else could be smarter or has a better way of doing something. Maybe there's a name for that. I'm not a psychologist.

People probably expected me to never return after starting this thread. Instead I do, with news that my ventures are going well. And I get promptly shat on.

Well, I'm out. Maybe you'll see me in the Wall Street Journal one day.

Apologies that I tend to go against the grain; question the established norms that go unquestioned... I've found that to be the reason I succeed where so many others fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom