2012 mayan prediction ?

papadad111

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Bit off topic but debating whether to ignore retirement planning. End if world is coming.....

Dick Clark has died

This seals it.

The Mayans were right.

No Dick Clark, no new years ball falling in times square and the way I see it, No 2013!

Say it ain't so....

Keep the powder dry

The Mayans ignored retirement planning and look what happened to them. If the world does come to an end this year, we will never know if 4% SWR is truly safe. Oh well...

You mean that FIRECALC doesn't include that in the calculation!!??

By September, I bet the Mayan calendar will be the #1 scare topic! By Thanksgiving it will be all that anyone talks about.

By Christmas it will be just another 'end of the world' that didn't happen...like Y2K, the BP oil spill, SARS and radiation from Japan.

Last edited:
This would answer a lot of common e-r.org questions:

Refinance immediately? most definitely
What is a swr for me? 100 percent
When to take SS? immediately
Post Mayan cartoon again? why not:

Attachments

• mayan colander.gif
    mayan colander.gif
    69.5 KB · Views: 247
Hey, I'm going to Yellowstone in September. According to the 2012 movie, that's ground zero. Maybe I should report live?

I had not even heard of the Mayan calendar prediction until a couple of weeks ago. A co-worker told me that she and her husband are booked on an end-of-the-world cruise and plan to be in Mexico on the 20th and 21st of December. I said, "What are you talking about?" I guess there are some business opportunities to be had in all the hoopla.

Just a note to those among us of a certain faith:

If you do not die a martyr before the world ends
1. You will not pass go and collect $200.00
2. You are not entitled to the 77 Virgins.
3. YMMV

Just a note to those among us of a certain faith:

If you do not die a martyr before the world ends
1. You will not pass go and collect $200.00
2. You are not entitled to the 77 Virgins.
3. YMMV

That's OK - - not only am I not of that faith, and not "the martyr type", I wouldn't know what to do with 77 virgins if they showed up on my doorstep. I'd probably have to lock my doors and call the cops. :D

Just as long as the Mayan Apocalypse does not occur before May 4th. A certain superhero movie I have been waiting all my life to see will finally premiere. After I see this then I'm content with the end (no more taxes!!) :D

You mean that FIRECALC doesn't include that in the calculation!!??

By September, I bet the Mayan calendar will be the #1 scare topic! By Thanksgiving it will be all that anyone talks about.

By Christmas it will be just another 'end of the world' that didn't happen...like Y2K, the BP oil spill, SARS and radiation from Japan.

Well, it's OK by me, some diversion from the election and who's going to promise 'better' life for people in America.

Hey, I'm going to Yellowstone in September. According to the 2012 movie, that's ground zero. Maybe I should report live?

I'll be there in mid August with the family. I will report back with any strange warning signs I come across, and report on here.........:)

That's OK - - not only am I not of that faith, and not "the martyr type", I wouldn't know what to do with 77 virgins if they showed up on my doorstep. I'd probably have to lock my doors and call the cops. :D

They would probably want to play Dungeons and Dragons or Pokemon with you.

DW told me last night that while she believes this Mayan thing is total bunk, she is worried about the possible actions of the less stable members of society. I told her that since 12/21 is near the holidays I will be sure to take the day off and not go anywhere near downtown.

If the prediction proves to be correct...it is a cruel "joke" on the ER class of 2013! :mad:

FinanceDude said:
I'll be there in mid August with the family. I will report back with any strange warning signs I come across, and report on here.........:)

Great! That way we'll be prepared. Scope out a good cave for us, will ya?

...she is worried about the possible actions of the less stable members of society.
I welcome them. Tell them to give their money to me. I will burn it and make the proper offerings. [:D] My faith-based investment company (you heard it here first!) has many services. I will also take care of your pets after the rapture. PM me for my Pastafarian price list. :D

Back
Top Bottom