26 yr old financial adviser

workin4me

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello all,
I'm a young mom of 1 cute baby girl and currently working from home as a financial adviser. I'm also trying to get a jump on retirement since, as I look back the last 20+ yrs went whizzing by, I assume the next 20+ will too.
No real investments started YET just a simple 401K offered by my husband's work....maxing the match of course :)
Currently planning on starting a VUL and very excited about it.

Welcome. You'll learn a lot here.

Welcome to the boards

There are a lot of do it yourselfers here, along with a few other advisors, so we have lively debates. Look around the forums to see what interests you.

Currently planning on starting a VUL and very excited about it.

IMHO - you would be better off with a Term policy (for the basic risk mitigation of an early death and loss of income) and investing the rest outside of an insurance policy.

No offense. If you are a new agent... you may sell the cool aide, but for goodness sakes don't drink it.

If you are self employed, you should start a SEP or a Simple to save for retirement, plus Roth IRAs, of course.

A VUL? Seriously? What chinaco said--don't drink the coolaide.

Well, unless you get to keep all of your 80% commission, that is. Then I'd say go for the VUL ;)

did the forum send out mailer's to FA's to join the board lately >:D

workin' 4me...please tell me you're not working for any financial co with world or financial group in their name! :bat:

they usually ask people to drink the kool aide and then pass it around...

Workin4me, welcome to the forum.
As you can see, you will have to have a thick skin to mix with this crowd. Don't be scared away though. You're young and still have all of your investing years ahead of you. You will learn a lot from this group as they (we) are a wealth of knowledge including "experience" which you will also gain as you learn and invest toward FIRE. Everyone is always ready to share their knowledge so come on back and join in on the fun.;)

Back
Top Bottom