2BRetired for 5 years

2BRetired

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi All,
I retired early (not as early as I would have liked) but at 59. The only reason I waited that long was I was close to getting my full pension with medical at 60 if I got the hours and years. I had a fun job in the entertainment business and so a few more years was my option. Lucky I got the medical because soon after I retired I became very sick and after many miss diagnosis they found I had a restrictive pericardium (the sack around the heart) which had to be removed. I was lucky as my medical insurance covered everything. Since then I have been getting back in shape and learning to generate an income from my savings as a buffer to my pension.
I decide to to join this forum to get ideas on retirement investing and possibly help those on the fence to retire before it is to late.:greetings10:

Welcome. It's great that you got a good diagnosis finally and are enjoying ER .

Thanks, the scary thing I was in good shape before it happened, they had no idea what caused it. Apparently they had not seen this for many years due to TB which I did not have. At least my case got into a medical journal and I have the photo's of my heart.

Welcome and thanks. I am not retired yet, but I do come to this forum for encouragement advice and to learn about FIRE topics. Any experiences and potential pitfalls that you want to share... I'm all ears.
Regards, WB

Welcome aboard! But there's no way you could talk me off the fence due to probability of an unknown medical issue. I am well aware that many people have an illness or other event in the family/self that impacts their retirement, and I am truly sorry to hear you had that experience, but it's still statistically a minority. Anyone who retires with NO indication of a medical or other life changing event, will have made a mistake more often than not. Guess that's just how a lifelong engineer is programmed. YMMV

Welcome to the forum, glad you are recovering and enjoying ER. I hope to be there one day.

Back
Top Bottom