32yrs and counting!

Batz

Confused about dryer sheets
Hiya!

I just wanted to stop by and give a little introduction. I'm a 32 single male living in Columbus, OH. I just moved back to the area Cbus after living in Washington DC for 8 + yrs, so I'm just getting reacquainted to the area.

I'm fortunate to have a gotten a head start in the saving for retirement/financial freedom game. I've been able to scrape together 200-300k in savings, between retirement accounts and taxable accounts, but I always feel like I need to save more (that's my conservative upbringing at work!). My goals are pretty simple, as long as I love what I'm doing, I’ll just keep plugging away at it, but I want to be in control of my life. If I find I'm not happy doing what I am doing, I want to have the ability to step away and find something else. That’s what drives me to keep socking away a little here and a little the there.

My “Story”:
I guess I should start with my roots. I come from a fairly conservative (fiscally) family. They always taught me the value of saving now for future goals. My parents could have retired at 50, but my father loves what he does, and can't imagine ever retiring. They lived well below their means, but by no means did deprive themselves. I started saving as soon as I had a job. As I've gone about my life, I have tried to pass on the little insights and tricks I learned from my family to others. This eventually led me to my current career path - Financial Advising (I did study finance in college). I started out helping friends pick some funds for their 401k/403b's or their IRA's, and ended up getting licensed and working with school teachers and family/friends. I've always been interested hearing other people's "Story", and I think everyone has something in their story that we can learn from and apply to our own lives.

So that is how I came to this site. I've poked around the different forums and find there to be some real interesting discussions and ideas going on here. Hopefully I can add a nugget here and there that someone may actually find useful/interesting.

[FONT=&quot]
Cheers![/FONT]

Welcome Batz. I look forward to reading some of your tips. Most of the people on here are big savers so you'll fit right in :D

I've only been to Columbus twice but Donatos Pizza, Greaters ice cream and OSU football is almost reason enough to move there!

My parents could have retired at 50, but my father loves what he does, and can't imagine ever retiring.
As much as I always talk about how much I want to be able to retire, in reality there are few I envy as much as those who truly love their work and continue to do so because they want to and not because they have to.

I'd love to find a gig like that later in life when I'm a little more FI.

Back
Top Bottom