..already retired. left PO 12/11

drb391

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi. looks like this is a site with lots of pre-retirement info; but just found it.

left the PO at EOY. had that date in mind for a long time. guess I missed a buyout, too. oh, well; meant too much to get out of there to wait around for something that might or might not happen. money's not everything and I'm glad I left when I did.

in North Coast, NY with plans to winter in AZ. already went there last Mar & bought a place in Q-town. staying here this year til after xmas, but may leave earlier in years down the road.

looks like this site is set up for a lot of financial talk and info. don't think I need much help there; not rich, just happy with what I have set up. so I'll prolly just pop in the social-type forums (fora?) once in a while

cya there

Welcome, neighbor. :flowers: I'm SE of Syracuse.

So does the PO in your thread title "left PO" stand for Post Office or PO'd ? Or both? :LOL:

I haven't bitten the snowbird bullet yet...but you just never know. ;)

the PO is Post Office; god-awful place to work, and getting worse.

as for snowbirding, I know most folks on this coast choose FL or Carolinas, but I just love the desert

looks like this site is set up for a lot of financial talk and info.

Actually, it's mostly a venue for talking about bacon.

the PO is Post Office; god-awful place to work, and getting worse.

as for snowbirding, I know most folks on this coast choose FL or Carolinas, but I just love the desert

Welcome to the forum, drb391. Which desert do you prefer?

Actually, it's mostly a venue for talking about bacon.

That, and trying to answer the question " pay off the mortgage early or invest the cash..."

thanx, micheal. I meant any desert, as opposed to being from the east. got a place in Q-town (Quartzsite), so I'll start from there & explore outward. haven't been there for more than a month at a time yet. this'll be my first winter.

as for the other, paid off the house with a lump sum partial from TSP, so all that's left is taxes, ins, and maint/incidentals.

Last edited:
thanx, micheal. I meant any desert, as opposed to being from the east. got a place in Q-town (Quartzsite), so I'll start from there & explore outward. haven't been there for more than a month at a time yet. this'll be my first winter.

as for the other, paid off the house with a lump sum partial from TSP, so all that's left is taxes, ins, and maint/incidentals.

Why Q-Town?

After reading your post, I Google'd "Q-Town", and found Quartzsite, AZ. Interesting...I'm putting it on my list of places to check out when I'm done working. I'm a soon-to-be ex-fed too. Welcome to the forum!

houston - cuz I prefer out in the middle of nowhere as opposed to city, like Phx. can get city here on the right coast. and have family in area

martyb - thx. do I recognize that name from somewhere else? Fedsoup? Qtopics? yes, it's an interesting place. was test for camels being used by the army in 1800s. and the pop. swells from ~3600 to lord-knows-what in the winter. heard estimates of 200k-1m. imagine the high end is exaggerated.

and I just love the name of the guy who brought the camels - Hi Jolly (Hadj Ali) lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom