Am i good to go?

Congrats! Glad to see you made this decision.

I'll never forget a post made on these forums that really stuck with me. Don't remember the poster or the exact quote, but it was something along the lines of:

"Right now is the healthiest, most active you're going to be for the rest of your life."

Make the most of your hard earned money while you can enjoy it to the fullest!

You're good to go... if you want to.

My situation was not as good as yours and I was going for one more OMY, retire at 57. One day my VP decided to share how afraid of the CIO he was. I wasn't amused.

I spoke with my Fidelity rep and he confirmed OMY didn't matter much, financially. I gave my notice the next week and gained a year.

What's a year worth to you?

Agree, depending on your age time may be more important. Our portfolio is half of yours; however, our guaranteed income is over 100K annually so we are set. I just need to pull the trigger next May or July on my 60th
Wish you all the best and congrats on your accomplishment. Impressive indeed.

Congratulations!

Personally I'm approaching my 1 year FIRE anniversary with absolutely no regrets whatsoever. Best decision I ever made.

Congrats!!! Glad you decided to go for it. Best wishes for this next chapter of your life!

Congratulations ! Let us know later in the year how your transition is going.

Congrats. I was going to say you should look at the risk of not retiring but that is moot now. You only have a few years to bridge till SS/Medicare and substantial assets so with your wife working it should be easy. Hope you find some new passions and interests.

Date finally set

After a long transition my last day is finally set for 9/27. Hard to believe that I just booked my last flight!

Congrats. Don't change your mind. lol

OP GO4IT we were a little less than you from a NW perspective when we FIRED (Second Time), we found we actually spent less afterwards. So we saved more and after ~10 years after FIRE we are now a lot better off. And we are NOT aggressive investors.

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll find this next stage exciting and full of new challenges. I'd love to hear from you again after you've had some time to enjoy your freedom and all the time with your wife.

It's official. I'm done. last day yesterday. Nothing has sunk in yet although I know tomorrow night will feel great knowing that I do not have to get on a plane Monday morning at 6 AM...WooHoo!!

It's official. I'm done. last day yesterday. Nothing has sunk in yet although I know tomorrow night will feel great knowing that I do not have to get on a plane Monday morning at 6 AM...WooHoo!!

Congratulations, and don’t be surprised if people start to ask why you have that smile all the time.

That's nice. Good luck!

Congratulations! Now go enjoy your life the way you want to and the way you deserve. The grass is greener on the other side of working.

Congrats on finally making it...live life to the fullest, and enjoy the company of others in a relaxed retirement.

I will definitely post updates. All pretty surreal now. Weird being disconnected from my 100 mph norm but I do not miss it. One curve-ball...I already got a job offer that is local and could be very lucrative. No hard details until next week. When approached I could not say flat out NO...so I bought a little time to see if I freaked out after a week or so with no job. So far I'm chill.

One curve-ball...I already got a job offer that is local and could be very lucrative. No hard details until next week. When approached I could not say flat out NO...so I bought a little time to see if I freaked out after a week or so with no job.
LOL!

Lots of folks discover that they didn't really want to be retired, they just wanted to be out of their current job.

Good luck.

LOL!

Lots of folks discover that they didn't really want to be retired, they just wanted to be out of their current job.

Good luck.

Well it turns out that so far I'm enjoying being retired. I turned down the offer. It was supposedly only to be a 20-25 hour per week commitment but the thought of jumping back into something was just unsettling. I'm really enjoying my freedom and the decompression process. November will be the first month that I'll have to draw my own paycheck so hopefully that won't freak me out too much.

Yes, retirement is grand, isn't it?
Sounds like you have your financials down, enjoy your time!

Back
Top Bottom