Another new guy!

Videonut85

Confused about dryer sheets
Hey everyone, my name is Matt. I'm 22 years old and already planning for retirement. I've been looking around for good advice where I can find it and I just can't find any solid advice as to what I should do at this point. I'm here for some help, and hopefully to help out some other people with their troubles.

I work as a custodian making 40k per year for a school district. I contribute 7.5% of my income to the district's pension plan and the school and state match my contributions together for another 7.5%. I have $22,000 in a savings account at 3% APY. I currently own my car, I have no CC debt (except what I charge each month, but I pay it off every month.) I have plans on getting married within the next year or so. I will be leaving my job in about 3 years (after I am fully vested in the retirement program) to move from Pennsylvannia to somewhere south closer to the beach. I'm wondering what I should do with my money in the mean time. I've been toying with the idea of putting 5k into a Roth IRA. Is this a good move? What else should I be doing with my money? After bills and all expenses, I can save about another 1100 each month.

All these confusing dryer sheets messed me up. I'll re-post my actual question in the "Young Dreamers" thread.

Back
Top Bottom