Join Early Retirement Today

Another new guy!
Old 08-07-2008, 06:54 PM   #1
Confused about dryer sheets

Another new guy!

Hey everyone, my name is Matt. I'm 22 years old and already planning for retirement. I've been looking around for good advice where I can find it and I just can't find any solid advice as to what I should do at this point. I'm here for some help, and hopefully to help out some other people with their troubles.

I work as a custodian making 40k per year for a school district. I contribute 7.5% of my income to the district's pension plan and the school and state match my contributions together for another 7.5%. I have $22,000 in a savings account at 3% APY. I currently own my car, I have no CC debt (except what I charge each month, but I pay it off every month.) I have plans on getting married within the next year or so. I will be leaving my job in about 3 years (after I am fully vested in the retirement program) to move from Pennsylvannia to somewhere south closer to the beach. I'm wondering what I should do with my money in the mean time. I've been toying with the idea of putting 5k into a Roth IRA. Is this a good move? What else should I be doing with my money? After bills and all expenses, I can save about another 1100 each month.
Videonut85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2008, 07:03 PM   #2
Confused about dryer sheets

All these confusing dryer sheets messed me up. I'll re-post my actual question in the "Young Dreamers" thread.
Videonut85 is offline   Reply With Quote