Big day tomorrow! House goes on the market

dumpster56

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
The wife has the baby lookin as nice as any model home anyplace.

She is so looking forward to the move down to North Carolina, and I am looking forward to getting out of the New Jersey RAT RACE!

Congrats! 8)  I for one know you have reached a major milestone in getting that sign up, cause I am right in the middle of the same process. Not quite there, but making progress.
How are you going to go about moving the "stuff" when the time comes?

Hope it sells quickly and for the price that you want.  NC sounds really nice.  We are thinking of retiring there after my DH retires.

Dreamer

JPatrick said:
Congrats! 8) I for one know you have reached a major milestone in getting that sign up, cause I am right in the middle of the same process. Not quite there, but making progress.
How are you going to go about moving the "stuff" when the time comes?

Brotherin law from the carolinas and sisterin law said they would fly up we will rent a truck move the good stuff sell the junk and off we go.

I guess.

Honestly I really have no idea what I will do, heck I am waiting to close on this house before I put in my retirement papers.

Heck I might have to stay up here until thanksgiving or so and stay with my suister if the place sells later than sooner and make an additional 30 grand before I take my 30 grand pension.

I gotta say I turn 50 in april and being able to quit my teaching job and do some other things is well PRICELESS!

No mortgage no car payments medical benies paid for hey what is not to like??

Getting a part time job to add an additional 15 Grand.

It SEEMS good on paper! Oh well I am running 10 miles a day and feel GREAT!

Sounds like you've got it together, but can you say---------------------------------------------am frum Noo-th  Care a lie na ?? ::)

JPatrick said:
Sounds like you've got it together, but can you say---------------------------------------------am frum Noo-th Care a lie na ?? ::)

Yeah, right. Just tell everyone "I'm a damn yankee" in your thickest, richest NJ accent and you'll fit in just perfectly here in Raleigh. :)

Hope ya'll have a safe trip down. Oh yeah, learn the word "ya'll", you'll be needing it.

Thought I'd pass this along....It made the rounds at that "other place." Speaking of Yankees, who did more damage to the South's Old Confederacy ? A. General Sherman or B. President Abe Lincoln?
Answer: False. It was Willis Haviland Carrier.
You history buffs explain...

Gpax7 said:
Thought I'd pass this along....It made the rounds at that "other place." Speaking of Yankees, who did more damage to the South's  Old Confederacy ? A. General Sherman or B. President Abe Lincoln?
Answer: False. It was Willis Haviland Carrier.
You history buffs explain...

Yup, that last name is a giveaway.   But wait, did you know he had a dog named "Lenny Lennox"?

JPatrick said:
Yup, that last name is a giveaway. But wait, did you know he had a dog named "Lenny Lennox"?

That dog was hard to Trane.

justin said:
Amana's best friend.

You heard about Amana didn't you??  They had to CARRIER  home from the party last week. :eek: :eek:

Oh well, it was a nice FREON for all while it lasted ::)

newguy88 said:
The wife has the baby lookin as nice as any model home anyplace.

She is so looking forward to the move down to North Carolina, and I am looking forward to getting out of the New Jersey RAT RACE!

OK newguy, have you sold it yet? :confused:

(Asked by a guy who sold his last two houses in less than 5 days to the first people who looked at them. ;))

REWahoo! said:

(Asked by a guy who sold his last two houses in less than 5 days to the first people who looked at them. ;))

In looking back over my real estate deals ( a lot), it seems to me that I worked a lot harder (to get the best price) as a buyer than
I did as a seller. Not too sure why (impatient?). Anyway, with
hindsight, I think I was too quick on the trigger most of the time when I sold, at least for those times when I had little pressure, other
than my Type A genes.

JG

REWahoo! said:

We have some issues with the price set.

Looks like 499,000 gets bigtime play 529,000 not as much, wife wants a certain number for the other end.

I am not gonna worry, we will see tonight with my real good realtor.

Who knows, its all about money and then some other things.

This early retirement is harder than it looks.

I start that well if I stay 3 more years I have 700 more a month on the pension the house will be 25K payed down, yadayadayada.

I really need to get out of new jersey. Ohman confused today and a nasty headache.

newguy88 said:

Who knows, its all about money and then some other things.

This early retirement is harder than it looks.. . . .

Ohman confused today and a nasty headache.

Don't I know it. :-\ I was feeling that way so often that I had to back off, relax and not think about it for a while.

newguy88,

I'm in a situation very similar to yours as I am planning on retiring in June. I'll have to notify personnel before March 15th of my plans.  I'm 55 and if I remain in teaching for another 5 years, I can double my pension.  Also, if I hold on to my San Diego home for another 5 years, it may be worth a lot more money.  We own a rental that is paid for that we plan to move to in Oregon.  Unfortunately, if I rent my San Diego home, the negative cash flow would mean I would have to work part-time in Oregon. I am with you in that it is a difficult decision to make.  I like my job, but would that be better than not having a schedule for the next five years? As we get closer to March 15, the decision gets harder and harder.  Of course, I could wait until June, but that would mean a newer teacher could unnecessarily receive a pink slip, as our district is cutting back because of declining enrollment.

Retire Soon said:
Also, if I hold on to my San Diego home for another 5 years, it may be worth a lot more money.

Serveral articles indicate that the opposite will happen in San Diego.

Retire Soon said:
newguy88,

I'm in a situation very similar to yours as I am planning on retiring in June. I'll have to notify personnel before March 15th of my plans.  I'm 55 and if I remain in teaching for another 5 years, I can double my pension.  Also, if I hold on to my San Diego home for another 5 years, it may be worth a lot more money.  We own a rental that is paid for that we plan to move to in Oregon.  Unfortunately, if I rent my San Diego home, the negative cash flow would mean I would have to work part-time in Oregon. I am with you in that it is a difficult decision to make.  I like my job, but would that be better than not having a schedule for the next five years? As we get closer to March 15, the decision gets harder and harder.  Of course, I could wait until June, but that would mean a newer teacher could unnecessarily receive a pink slip, as our district is cutting back because of declining enrollment.

i listed the house last night for 519,000 Here in new jersey, it is the lowest price in the neighborhood, the 3 other homes are listed at 565, 535 and 529.

I am priced to sell ASAP, the agent loves the place yea they all say that , but seriously the house is immaculate, wife has the OCD virus, good for the new owner.

Anyway my situation is the same, I have an early retirement situation, where I will get about 31,000 a year with A COLA increase yearly with med benies for life.

I am 50 if I stay 5 more years the pension would be more like 44,000 a year.

Hey I am sick of the inner city teaching gig, I may stick around for say the first 6 months of the next school year and then move down with the wife.

I hope this place sells fast!

Then the extra money I earn thru the end of this year 90 + grand could go toward extra funds. My take after the sale will be near 280,000 the realtor is only taking a 4% commission.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom