Blessed at 23

daveh

Confused about dryer sheets
My name is Dave.

I was part of an Internet company that sold -- after taxes and transaction costs I received 2MM.

In the process of running the company, I started two holding companies. One company protects my cash and the other my rental properties.

I have a cash flow of about $1000 from my rental properties.

My goal for participating in this forum is to learn as much as possible about investing, meet new people, and have fun.

Specifically - I need advise on investing the lump-sum of 2MM.

Also, I love the Internet and would be more than happy to discuss/brainstorm on a particular .COM or online business model/concept.

Best,

Dave

Hi dave
The best that you can do is educating yourself. Don't be in a hurry to do something with the money. You have lots of time - relax and learn. Remember there is no magic bullet and there surely is no free lunch.

So put the money in CD's and MMkt accounts, and start reading and learning. As you get comfortable with things, ask questions and start investing.

Good places to start at;

www.diehards.org
http://www.altruistfa.com/readingroombooks.htm#BooksBeginners

-h

daveh said:
Specifically - I need advise on investing the lump-sum of 2MM.
Welcome to the board, Dave!

One of the better books on asset allocation is a library copy of Bernstein's Four Pillars.

Good for you Dave. Put your money somewhere safe, do some reading as people have suggested, and think about how you want to spend the rest of your 20s. Most of us would love to be in your shoes.

There is no one as interested in looking after your money as you.

Never lend to a Friend or relative, you could lose both.

A roof over your head and a place out back to grow vegetables.

Buy used quality cars, let someone else take the depreciation hit.

NEVER Brag about your money.

Return OF the capital, NOT Return ON Capital.

If you are going to speak to a Financial Advisor, learn to speak their language so you both understand each other.

Sigh

Vanguard Target Retirement Series - probably some at the conservative end - say 2015, 2005 or even income.

It can be that simple.

Then you can read and invest at your leisure - it's male, hormonal and incurable - you just have to accept it.

Figure out how to become a 'consultant' - that gives you cache when you indulge in brainstorming.

Buy a mirror - ala POGO. Get up enough courage to 'be totally foolish' and try some things 'out of the box' - the arts, sciences, and humanities beckon.

heh heh heh

Back
Top Bottom