Brand New

Jack_Pine

Full time employment: Posting here.
HI,

Brand new here. Have been doing a boat load of retirement research. Am hoping to retire in 3 years (I will be 61 and wife 65). Trying to figure out if we will have enough. Have lots of questions (mostly around "Do I have enough saved") Hoping I can talk about some numbers here (hard to do with family and friends)

Also...how is the calculator here? One of my first posts was going to ask about favorite calculators. I like Fidelity, in fact opened account there just to use it. it is very detailed. Have also toyed with ORP.

Anyway, hello.

Welcome aboard, Jack_Pine! You've come to the right place for early retirement.

FIRECALC is an excellent calculator, as is i-ORP.

omni

I just took a real quick run at fire-calc. I am presuming it will save my data so I can tweak it at will? that's why i had to open a Fidelity account (which I was happy to do)

Welcome Jack. I like the Fidelity RIP tool as well. I have been using it for about 5 years, and it has helped my decide on ER, along with the helpful people around here. I really like the cash flow statement the RIP tool provides when you are done with all the input - it doesn't get any simpler to understand than that. Good luck with retirement!

Thanks, Glad I found another who likes the Fidelity tool. I like the cash flow tools as well.

what i really like is how you can itemize all of your "have to' expenses and it figures it in (also estimates health care and such).

Thanks, Glad I found another who likes the Fidelity tool. I like the cash flow tools as well.

what i really like is how you can itemize all of your "have to' expenses and it figures it in (also estimates health care and such).

I like Fidelity calculators and also opened an account just to be able to use them. However, ER is such an important business that it deserves to be assessed by more then 1 calculator and FIRE is very good one too!

Thanks all. anybody know of any threads already started on snow birding? Like where to establish residency, health/home owners insurance and such?

Another q...... what is the general discussion forum. Like where to post proposed plans and such. I some of that happening here n the hello forum. Where do most folks go for general discussion?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom