Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-22-2021, 04:42 AM   #41
Recycles dryer sheets

Just an update. I notified my agency this week of my plans to retire. Senior management asked me to work an extra few months to mentor my millennial boss who is 20+ years younger than me. He was just promoted over me for the position. Too funny. Definitely time to move on, although I agreed to stick around for a few extra months.
jgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2021, 04:25 PM   #42
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Just read your first post and was going to say--YES you can retire. But I see you got to it before I could give you my advice!

At any rate, congratulations, and enjoy your retirement!
Old 01-31-2021, 11:54 AM   #43
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireeRobert View Post
Just read your first post and was going to say--YES you can retire. But I see you got to it before I could give you my advice!

At any rate, congratulations, and enjoy your retirement!
Thanks!
jgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 01:43 PM   #44
Dryer sheet wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgman View Post
Hello everyone,
I am currently a Federal Employee looking to retire on December 31 2021. Wanted to get opinions on whether I am financially able or whether to wait a few more years.

Age 56 (turn 57 January 2022)
Single no kids (no heirs so want to spend it all before I pass
TSP $1.1 million
Roth 100k
taxable savings 100k
Debt 470k mortgage (house worth 750k)
no other debt
Federal Pension 5k/month (includes health and dental insurance premiums)
Rental income from home 1k a month

I would like to keep the house although I know I should probably sell it. I love the location and rent out part of it for 1K/month. Im in the process of refinancing to a low rate mortgage P&I of $2600/mth

Thoughts?
Hi, jgman,
I have a little similar situation with you. But I got married and no rental income. Hope we can enjoy our retiring life....
Shinge1233 is offline   Reply With Quote