CFP retired @ 54

HunterAdvisor

Dryer sheet aficionado
I was a Certified Financial Planner who decided at 54 to give up making oodles of money and the stress that was killing me managing money for 80 families.
My husband & I bought a 100 acre ranch on the beach in Mexico near Puerto Vallarta. I have a happy herd of goats and have been making cheese, growing food and learning Spanish. I love my life, especially here where every dollar is worth about 5 X what it buys up north.
We primarily use rental income from two properties with no mortgages, we have no debt. I chose to take SS at 62 as I was no longer working and my break even was late 70s when I won’t need as much and can draw from 2 annuities. I also don’t trust the government with my hard earned SS given their track record. My husband and I have roughly 1 mil in retirement savings.
As expats we are not subject to state & local income tax. We chose a simple life after tiring of the “wash-rinse-repeat” way we were living in Maine. Plus I hate the cold!
Happy to lend an ear and give input where desired.

Welcome to the forum. Look forward to hearing about your experiences as a expat farmer. Interesting as a FA that you took SS early and that you own annuities. Those topics come up a lot. I’ll look for your input.

Again, welcome!

Welcome HunterAdvisor. I see you joined the forum 6 years ago. Looking forward to your posts about life in Mexico. We considered Lake Chapala for awhile for retirement, but chose Florida.

Back
Top Bottom