Check Up From 2 Years Ago....With 2 Years To Go

My heart breaks for you and your wife and your other children. My deepest condolences to you. Lean on each other and you will get through this, although I'm sure it doesn't feel that way now.

I can understand why you are delaying the retirement decision for the time being. Being in familiar surroundings, with a familiar routine, can be beneficial when you have undergone as many emotional traumas as you have in the last year. You need all of your emotional energy for healing and grieving at the moment. Delaying major life changes (retirement and relocating to the US) is probably wise for now. Your hearts will tell you when it is time to leave the job and return home.

Take good care of each other in the meantime. You are all in my prayers.

Gamboolman, my sincere condolences on your and Mrs. Gamboolman's loss. Our son is only a few years younger than your son and lives alone so your story particularly resonates with me since I can see a similar story if something were to happen to him while we are 1,500 miles away.

I think it is wise to extend your tour as you have to take a breath before making an important decision like retiring and moving halfway across the world. Godspeed.

So, so sorry to hear this. Thank you for telling us. It's tough to lose parents and siblings but I can't imagine losing a child or grandchild. Yes, a hole in your heart. Please accept our sympathies to your family.

My sincerest sympathy to you and your wife, Gamboolman. You will be in my prayers. My heart aches for what you both have been through. Sending hugs.

Words fail me. You have experienced my worst fear. My heart goes out to you and your wife. God bless you both.

I am so very sorry that you have experienced this horrible tragedy. You both will be in my prayers. Hugs.

Gamboolman, I am so sorry to read this. You have written about your son before and we can tell how much you and Mrs G will always love him. What a hard year altogether, but this is devastating. Take care of each other. Hugs to you and your wife.

Gamboolman; Words fail me. I didn't go back and read your original post just now, but I remember it well, including the dangerous circumstances of the area in which you and your wife now live.

There can't be much worse than losing a child. It's not the natural order. And a sister and mother in the same year. Please take care and don't ask too much of yourselves during this time of grief.

God bless

Gamboolman, I am so sorry! My condolences to you and Ms. Gamboolgal. What a year. I can't imagine anything more painful. I totally understand your need to work longer under the circumstances. God Bless you both.

Condolences. I lost my mom last year, and I totally understand continuing to work for at least 6 months. Hopefully, you can still make it in 2020!

Back
Top Bottom