Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Class of 2013 and not sure what is next
Old 02-18-2013, 10:53 PM   #1
Confused about dryer sheets

Class of 2013 and not sure what is next

So first off I am newly registered and hope to soak up as much as I can and offer constructive advise to someone in the future. Thank you for all of your previous posts!

So the " Deer Whisperer" thing. I lack creativity and was totally blocked when it came to thinking of a great name like most of you have! My daughter called me the deer whisperer over Christmas break when I was feeding a large buck in the back yard carrots from my hand. My friends call me stupid for that sort of thing and direct me to YouTube for plenty reasons why. I chose not to use the name stupid. I might change it if I ever think of something great but for now ill keep feeding the deer.

I am officially retired as of this month. I am young and retired early due to 25% planning, 70% dumb luck and the balance being a health issue. I am a public pensioner who took great pride in my work and service to the community for my entire career and now have an overwhelming sense of gratitude to the community I served. I understand very well the struggles of the private sector over the last few years so I feel a certain amount of guilt when people recently ask " so what do you do?"

As far as the big plan and whats next......well I'm not really sure. I am going to take some time to think, work on the house and hang out with my DW and kids. Two of the three kids are still at home. I am leaning towards volunteering at the hospital in the ER a few days or nights a week. This came to me as I was rolled in on the receiving side of the ER a few weeks ago

Thanks again for all of your previous efforts and I hope to hang out for a while!
Deer Whisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2013, 01:52 AM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Welcome from a fellow 2013 class member. Hopefully.
Very conservative with investments. Not ER'd yet, 48 years old. Please do not take anything I write or imply as legal, financial or medical advice directed to you. Contact your own financial advisor, healthcare provider, or attorney for financial, medical and legal advice.
obgyn65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:02 AM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

welcome! enjoy your retirement.
JBmadera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:54 AM   #4
gone traveling

Nice introduction, welcome and best wishes on your ER
eytonxav is offline   Reply With Quote