Cloaking disabled

Bikerdude

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Hi all. I've visited this site for probably as long as it has been in existence and enjoy the various topics discussed. I RE'd in March 2000 at age 52 (yeah, what's the chance of retiring on something like 10/1929.) :-\ As my name and Avatar imply I'm into motorcycles and have taken many extended trips since retiring. I'm divorced with a 29 yr. old daughter who is married and expecting my first grandchild in May.

I currently have a 50/50 asset allocation and have earned an average return of 7.5% since retiring. I have a Corporate pension and health benefits.

I decided to introduce myself as I will probably have some questions for the group. Also, I would like to share my investing and retirement experience with others on the board.

Cheers!

Welcome to the board, BikerDude! I'm impressed that you've stayed silent for so long...

Welcome BD, where do you live ? RE here at 54 and moved to northern Georgia area from Ohio to be close to my son and grandson. Biker heaven down with some of the most awesome scenery you'll ever see. Weather ain't too shabby here either.

As far as investment style, pretty much a slice and dicer with a strong leaning towards index funds.

Life is good.

frayne said:
Welcome BD, where do you live ?

I'm in central CT. Too congested for good biking IMHO.

'RE here at 54 and moved to northern Georgia area from Ohio to be close to my son and grandson. Biker heaven down with some of the most awesome scenery you'll ever see. Weather ain't too shabby here either.

I was just there in Oct.! Stayed in Suches and did most of the roads in the area, Deals Gap, Cherohala Skyway, EXCELLENT! It's nice to be retired. :D

I'm trying to move to a simple easy to manage and rebalance portfolio with maybe 4 or 5 Index funds or ETF's. However, I will keep my core DODBX holding.

Welcome - what is your bike of preference?

Arc said:
Welcome - what is your bike of preference?

ARC,

Well to be honest, I never met a bike I didn't like. :) But I have a BMW for long distance touring and a Yamaha for carving corners in the mountains. :D

How were you able to go for so long without adding your two cents? If there's a trick to that, I'd like to learn it.

TromboneAl said:
How were you able to go for so long without adding your two cents? If there's a trick to that, I'd like to learn it.

img_451348_0_90a835d984fa48a9c276c24b3b409593.gif

TromboneAl said:

Oh I guess in the early days of the Forum I visited on an occasional basis just to see what topics were being discussed. I would say the last few years has seen a group of core participants that seem to enjoy a more "spirited" discussion format. ::) So I thought I might as well throw my hat in the ring. Maybe I just have more time on my hands. ;)

Bikerdude said:
ARC,

Well to be honest, I never met a bike I didn't like. :) But I have a BMW for long distance touring and a Yamaha for carving corners in the mountains. :D

I just bought a Kawasaki Concours this past spring - (blew a great opportunity to get a BMW K1200 along the way). Did not do any real touring this summer but want to plan a trip to the Hudson Valley in NY. I Live in West PA . Any tips on touring out that way?

Arc said:
Any tips on touring out that way?

Any roads in the Adirondack's are great, RT28 loop, RT30. You can do Fort Ticonderoga in the north and take the ferry to Burlington VT. Lake George is a great place (site of Americade in early June). You can run RT22 on the VT, MA border with NY, head south and do West Point and Hyde Park. Or you can scoot over to VT and do RT7 south into the Berkshires in MA. Any roads marked 'Scenic' on your map are a good bet or you can look here http://www.motorcycleroads.us/

I don't know if you ever traveled RT6 in northern PA but that's a great route to NY for motorcycling. "So many roads so little time". :(

Back
Top Bottom