Count us in...soon

BusyMom

Dryer sheet aficionado
Yippee...I love being in the company of like-minded people. Introductions: My husband and I are both 40, have a 12 yr. old and a 3 yr. old. Both work, but I work from home as I homeschool and do traditional Mom/wife stuff. Our income ranges from $90K to $130K combined. We have our mortgage (at 50% of value) and 2 rental props, paid and cash flowing. Our portfolio is +- $90K in IRA's, 401k, stocks, savings, etc. We save an average of 30% each year. Any advice welcome...but make sure you keep a spot for us...we're out by 55. Love the postings.

Welcome BusyMom! Sounds like you are off to a great start. At your age, I was in full workaholic mode and
spending every dollar, many times before I had made it.
I'm a good example of what not to do.
But................yesterday's gone and we can't get it back.
My oldest daughter home school's. Her kids are 6, 4 and
2 with another due in May. She is busy too :)

John Galt

I've been thru the spendthrift mode already..being backed up against bankruptcy axed that immediately. Hard to believe but only 7 years ago we were in debt for +- $350K..we were self-employed contractors/developers @ that time. Worked really hard, I worked o/nites so that we didn't have daycare, cxld cable (gasp) and bought an Amish cookbook! Sounds funny, but I learned there was a "from scratch" recipe for everything. Your daughter must be a saint..one thing my oldest taught me was that I am much more selfish than I thought...hence the 9 yr. span.

Hello BusyMom!

Yep, my daughter is an amazing woman. I worry about
her taking on too much though. Her husband is a
Lutheran minister, so she has some duties there also.

John Galt

Back
Top Bottom