Do I have the color "Gone" in my paint box?

ByeByeBlue

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello!

I am a self-confessed financial idiot savant - without the "savant" part. I'm 58 and looking to exit from Gigantic Color Corp. in the next two years. Not exactly the earliest of REs, but it's what I got. My wife, may she rest in peace, was very ill for many, many years and our ability to save in the face of tremendous medical bills was minimal. I will have a decent traditional pension (which is freezing at the end of this year) and company subsidized medical. I have a $1K mortgage payment and a hermit's social agenda so the high life is *not* my style or goal. Boredom is no concern whatsoever - I have enough musical toys to keep me busy and marvelously happy forever.

I guess I'll bore y'all with the gruesome details as I get my head further around the concept and understand more by reading here and elsewhere. I've been reading lots of intros and appreciate the willingness to share and counsel evident in this site's participants. This looks like my kind of place!

BBB

Welcome ,
I'm sorry to hear about your wife .I think the color for gone would be a happy color so I'll vote for red !

Welcome BBB!

Hello!
I have enough musical toys to keep me busy and marvelously happy forever.BBB

Musical toys? Is that the kind that play music or the kind that you use to make your own music? I have quite a few toys that I use to make music myself, although the neighbors might disagree with my definition of music.:D

BBB,
Welcome to the board. As you have already stated, there are a lot of folks here willing to share what they know or how they did what they did to get to early retirement.

Sorry to hear about your wife. Been there, done that myself so I know a little about what you went through. Being a caretaker takes a lot out of a person and the death of a spouse is unlike any other loss.

Early retirement is all relative. "Early" just means it is early for you. It is not a race unless you make it one. Two more years is not all that long and it will pass quicker than you think.

Again, glad you found us and welcome to the forums.

Thanks to all!

Thank you all for your gracious greetings and kind thoughts of my Sweetie Pie. I really appreciate them all. I've had my first love and my great love and they were the same beautiful person so I was wonderfully blessed in that regard. It's been rough as mentioned.

Tom52 - Those are toys that make sounds when I beat on them in some way or t'other, heh heh Lots of guitars, keyboards, acoustic and electronic drums, PC-based audio workstation, etc, etc. Good thing I live way out in weeds - the rattlesnakes and coyotes may be offended, but they can't dial the sheriff to complain!. It really does float my boat like nothing else so I can see lots of disturbed critters in my future - can't wait! ;)

Thanks again for the kind welcome and kind thoughts - looking forward to getting to know y'all and learning more about this topic which has become so near and dear to my heart.

BBB

BBB

It looks like we have at least 3 years to go for FIRE but we are working on it. We have something in common besides a desire to retire early!:D
img_568501_0_db80bc2877c95ae7fb3caf29adec3aa5.jpg

Oh Baby!!

Well, Tom, I see we are kindred souls - at least as far as the accumulation of toys goes! I REALLY like what I see there - beautiful!!

That is *exactly* why I don't see boredom as a problem. I am really a musician in engineer's clothing (yikes! now *there's* an image I didn't need :p) In the "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" category, here is part of my Playpen. Acoustic drums are packed up and a bunch of guitars are gently weeping in their cases, but this is the day-to-day lineup. Man, too bad telekinesis is still in the testing phase - we could have us a TIME! :D

BBB

Attachments

• 100_0740f.jpg
    100_0740f.jpg
    556.5 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom