Do you have faith in yourself?

ALushLife

Dryer sheet wannabe
What is the worst that can happen if you retire early...you go back to work...in my 20's I was FABULOUS and BROKE.....30's ...LOL...I had a gift...noone wanted it...OMG! 40's...WOW! I had 10 years of SUPER...at 50 like a chameleon...I shed my skin....if you want a BMW...you will have to work for it...I just traded in the vette for a PT Cruiser...I may need to go back to 'work' I have been an entrepenur all my life...I never fit into a regular job...I always did very well...my plan is to continue life as I have always...I probably could start a magazine in the Mountains if I had to...I don't want to...yeah...I could get a real estate liscence...I DON'T WANT TO...I don't have 401 K's...I was my own boss...no pension...just faith in myself! Hey! If I can do it....you can too! Annie

ALushLife said:
What is the worst that can happen if you retire early...you go back to work...in my 20's I was FABULOUS and BROKE.....30's ...LOL...I had a gift...noone wanted it...OMG! 40's...WOW! I had 10 years of SUPER...at 50 like a chameleon...I shed my skin....if you want a BMW...you will have to work for it...I just traded in the vette for a PT Cruiser...I may need to go back to 'work' I have been an entrepenur all my life...I never fit into a regular job...I always did very well...my plan is to continue life as I have always...I probably could start a magazine in the Mountains if I had to...I don't want to...yeah...I could get a real estate liscence...I DON'T WANT TO...I don't have 401 K's...I was my own boss...no pension...just faith in myself! Hey! If I can do it....you can too! Annie

I am almost the only entity on earth I do have complete faith in.
It's a great feeling. Wish I could bottle it.

JG

JG! Just think if we could bottle it we would HAVE to sell it, market it....and that would mean we had to go back to work! LOL. Annie

MRGALT2U said:
I am almost the only entity on earth I do have complete faith in.
It's a great feeling.  Wish I could bottle it.

JG

Ex-Lax... :p

Annie,

You touched on something I've been thinking about...so many people seem to approach ER with fear and trepidation. ER doesn't need to mean burning one's bridges, does it? "Working" and making more money doesn't have to be a negative thing. If you want that new BMW and you don't have the cash...then you'd choose to work... Everything is a choice.

Mike
(Temporarily choosing to work for a better ER)

I have enough faith to RE, but chosing the exact moment isn't easy..."Gee, I could work an extra 6 months and save X more dollars" Sure, i'd be unhappy but wouldn't it be cool to have some extra fun $? I could buy this toy or that and start off with a bang! ::)

The answer depends on how I'm feeling that day :-\

Rok said:
I have enough faith to RE, but chosing the exact moment isn't easy..."Gee, I could work an extra 6 months and save X more dollars"  Sure, i'd be unhappy but wouldn't it be cool to have some extra fun $?  I could buy this toy or that and start off with a bang!   ::)

The answer depends on how I'm feeling that day     :-\

I've met a few folks that started off retirement with a "bang", namely, a cruise around the world or something really wild and crazy. It was simply a way to mark the occasion, as well as get the initial "woo-hoo!" of of their systems before settling into a comfortable retirement routine.

Jay_Gatsby said:
I've met a few folks that started off retirement with a "bang", namely, a cruise around the world or something really wild and crazy. It was simply a way to mark the occasion, as well as get the initial "woo-hoo!" of of their systems before settling into a comfortable retirement routine.

We went on a Caribbean cruise the week after I retired. Not really wild or crazy, but it was a "woo-hoo!" for REWahoo!. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom