Does this count as ER?

Here's my question...if you take ER but use your time on your own business, is that still considered Early Retirement? I love doing Real Estate Investing, and consider it a hobby like most consider Golf! Haha

I think of Financial Independence is the ability to do what you enjoy. If that happens to increase your income, that's only an added bonus. Right? :dance:

In 2015 I bought my Dream Home - - to me, it is heaven and even though it is only 1500 sf, to me this wonderful, amazing home is truly my Castle.

If I called it my Castle here on the forum, some would understand but others would roll their eyes and either say nothing or tease me about it. So, even though I could call it my Castle, I call it my Dream Home, which is about as close to "Castle" as I think I could get away with. :D

I think you are in a similar situation. To you, it is ER, but if you call it ER here there are going to be some who understand and others who roll their eyes. If that bothers you, you could probably call it semi-ER with a hobby job, but you can call it whatever you want.

Congratulations on getting your life arranged the way you want it! That's the true goal, I think. :)

Back
Top Bottom