Done!

abbvie

Dryer sheet wannabe
That's it! I pulled the trigger! I am done by end of 2015:dance:. Told my VP to shove it, well politely and filed for my retirement. Now the anxiety starts to kick in:mad:. Was shooting for 55 but could not hold out longer. Never thought I am done with mega corp at 52 but had enough with these BS metrics and goals that's unattainable and goes nowhere. :nonono:

I love these emoticons

Last edited:
Congratulations abbvie. Any plan on what you will be doing once you are free?

Thank you Whisper66. First and foremost, I want to desensitized my self by starting to write like a human being instead of a corporate drone response. I want to express my thoughts without having to worry about possible implications. Spending more time with my children, perhaps volunteer work by giving back what this great country gave me and be grateful for the opportunity of ER. I hope to get lots of advice from you guys going forward.

Congrats! A drone no more!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Congrats! I plan to go by the end of the year, too, at age 53. Have the same anxiety as you right now.

Abbvie,
Congrats!!! I to got fed up with mega corp and just could not take it anymore at age 51.
That was 3 years and one month ago. The anxiety about retirement has faded away.
Took me about a year to decompress. My mental and physical health improved greatly.
Time to kick back and enjoy!! Welcome to the good life!!

Last edited:
Good luck to you Abbvie and congratulations on your decision. Welcome to a more complete freedom.

Congratulations, Abbvie. I hope your retirement brings you as much joy as mine brings me!!!

Congratulations! It's amazing how quickly you can decompress and start smelling the roses!

Was shooting for 55 but could not hold out longer. Never thought I am done with mega corp at 52 but had enough with these BS metrics and goals that's unattainable and goes nowhere. :nonono:

Congrats. Been there..... I was about 52 when I feel I really became FI and started seriously considering retiring but stuck it out for another 8 years. :nonono: The only positive thing about working those extra years was all the extra money. If you are FI and tired of the BS then "Get the hell out of Dodge". You'll never get those years back.

Well done.
Enjoy!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Congrats, Abbvie! Good for you. This was my year as well, and DH will be joining us at year end. This forum is the best for encouragement (was my inspiration for years), support, and great advice from the collective wisdom of those that have traveled and continue to travel this road before us. Enjoy and relish these next few days, months and years!

Congrats! I hope your anxiety fades quickly!!!

Congrats abbvie! I too will be finished at end of 2015. Have been looking forward to this for long time. My wife and I are moving from cold Ohio, to sunny warm Tampa area. We are very excited, and scared at the same time. We have worked long days while working, and are concerned about all our free time. And hope some volunteering, and beach time ,are satisfing enough! At 56 we don't want to work anymore. We hope to spend allot of time on motorcycle exploring the depths of Florida,as we have seen the surface. We also hope to get on some last minute cruises. Maybe we can explore together! Enjoy!

Congrats abbvie! I too will be finished at end of 2015. Have been looking forward to this for long time. My wife and I are moving from cold Ohio, to sunny warm Tampa area. We are very excited, and scared at the same time. We have worked long days while working, and are concerned about all our free time. And hope some volunteering, and beach time ,are satisfing enough! At 56 we don't want to work anymore. We hope to spend allot of time on motorcycle exploring the depths of Florida,as we have seen the surface. We also hope to get on some last minute cruises. Maybe we can explore together! Enjoy!

clslkock,

We moved just south of Tampa 3 years ago from Ohio as a "Pre-retirement" relocation. I plan to RE in February of next year, wife not too long after. You will love it in this area... can't say enough about the weather, constant sunshine, recreation, friendly people, lack of State Tax :). Ohio was brutal to me in the winter. Welcome to Florida!

clslkock,

We moved just south of Tampa 3 years ago from Ohio as a "Pre-retirement" relocation. I plan to RE in February of next year, wife not too long after. You will love it in this area... can't say enough about the weather, constant sunshine, recreation, friendly people, lack of State Tax :). Ohio was brutal to me in the winter. Welcome to Florida!

Wow. I'm another Ohioan who plans to move to Florida in the next decade. I'm currently 41 and plan to retire and move there before my 50th. Only difference, is right now I'm planning to be on the other coast in New Smyrna Beach.

Congrats Abbvie on your decision and upcoming freedom. This site keeps me motivated and on task. It's so nice to be among like minded individuals.

Congratulations abbvie, but I'm sorry to tell you that you do have a retirement metric

life enjoyed % = time spent doing things you want to do/ total time * 100%

The board here has set pretty-high goals for the metric and we look forward to you monthly report-outs. Remember if your performance falls behind track a performance improvement plan may be required.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Congrats abbvie! Welcome to the rest of your life! The world is now you oyster!

Back
Top Bottom