Join Early Retirement Today

Re: ER Rocks!
Old 12-07-2005, 09:17 AM   #21
Recycles dryer sheets

Hi Annie!

Thanks for the update...some posters just fade away, but it's nice to know you are still here, and to hear "the rest of the story."

Regards,
Mike
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2005, 05:34 PM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut-Throat
Mikey,

I agree that we should all hope for a good, long life. I also believe that you should live everyday as if it's your last.
This point needs all of our attention.* *Enjoy your health while you can.* Whenever I visit my Mom in the nursing home I come back depressed.* There might be one or two there who are there because they just have no other place to go.* But most have bad health.* Most of the residents are in their 80s.* Not pretty.

Disclaimer: My Posts are for my amusement only.
Eagle43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 07:25 PM   #23

xxxx
Old 12-07-2005, 08:34 PM   #24
Dryer sheet wannabe

Hi Again! My Mom is doing well healthwise but she is depressed. It is an awful situation. I saw her today....I brought my dog over...sadly she has been depressed since my Dad passed away which was over 20 years ago. Her meds cost almost $800 a month...OMG...I wish I could say they help ...I will definitly look into the new programs for seniors...starting Jan 1. Everyone at Assisted Living says she's GREAT....witty, funny, clever...trust me...she doesn't act great around me ....many times she has even gotten my dog agitated...I brough a few Real Estate magazines w/ me today to show her how FANTASTIC NC is....I think she sees I chose a beautiful place for a second home...sadly she has never supported anything I have ever done....she ALWAYS finds something negative...Thanks for asking and I hope to post more often! Annie
ALushLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 07:13 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUM
Bingo! C-T,

Years ago the old man told me, "Kid, you just don't get it. When you're retired, money will be the least of your problems".

I believe he was right but I still don't get it. Gotta live it I guess.

BUM
Hi Anne,

Welcome to NC! We are near the southern shore but want to see the mountains. Maybe we need to do a vacation house swap

Considering the above quote" When you're retired money will be the least of your problems." I am living it and learning that health and family have moved way up on the list.

BUM
Old 12-13-2005, 08:55 PM   #26
Dryer sheet wannabe

Hi Bum....Don't tell me you live in NC and have never visited the mountains!!!!?? It's beautiful there! 1 of my GF's moved to NC from Fl and I picked her up and she came to the mountains w/ me...OMG! We had lots of laughs...she had never been there either....we had lunch in Blowing Rock and I was shocked that I had to drive down Main St 3 times before I found a parking spot....there is alot going on there all year round! I even got to see snow and trust me....after living in Fl for over 20 years...it was a thrill! Annie
Old 12-14-2005, 04:02 AM   #27

Keep your snow Annie. I've got all I can handle. DW and I flip from NC to NY. We're still ER rookies (almost 1yr.) so we don't have a routine yet. Maybe we never will. Zero degrees this morning in UNY with more snow due on Thursday. The beach is starting to look mighty good. Still too cold though. DW and I are planning a trip to FL in Jan. to visit relatives and maybe rent there for a couple months.

Best part of ER...no routine and vague plans! Upstate NY? We'll be back, when we get back, if we come back

Old 12-14-2005, 07:02 AM   #28
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
We'll be back, when we get back, if we come back
My primary motivator to get the f%#@ out!!

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 04:57 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Funds, Will Retire
My primary motivator to get the f%#@ out!!
Truer expletives were never typed!

Old 03-03-2006, 08:02 AM   #30
Dryer sheet wannabe

Hi Everyone!!! Time flies Next month I'll be 52, my house is coming along beautifully, I'm still reading This Old House mags...lol...I just sent the latest issue to my Contractor..I told him they stole our ideas! I'm updating everything...new roof, new plumbing, new electric, new foundation....I'm happy to say it is starting to feel more like a country home than a construction site! I'm considering renting out my Fl home for the winter...since I'm retired from advertising I have a few ideas that I feel will make my house easy to rent for the season....call it retirement, call it a second career?...Lol...whatever we call my plan....it sure beats...WORK!!! My Mom is still hanging in there...they take very good care of her at assisted living! Hope everyone enjoys the weekend! Annie 8)