Join Early Retirement Today

ex-prof from Canada now semi-retired in Phoenix
Old 04-09-2009, 09:17 AM   #1
Confused about dryer sheets

ex-prof from Canada now semi-retired in Phoenix

where a daughter and two young grandchildren live (and depend on us heavily to get by for now). We live basically on my pension and spend our meager salaries (investing a bit now and then) on daily small extras, like stuff you get at Trader Joes or dinner out now and then. Have a very limited social circle here since daughter and kids take up all of my wife's time and most of mine, but we see lots of little league baseball games! I am a personal trainer at a retirement center and enjoy helping seniors improve the quality of their lives. Have lost a big chunk of our assets in the market in the last year or so, and thank god for that defined benefit pension plan! Hopefully, medicare will relieve some of that potential deal-breaker in a year or two for us.
sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2009, 09:27 AM   #2
gone traveling

Welcome from East Mesa, AZ. Hope you enjoy the forum- and that famous AZ sunshine- do we need to point out to the tundra-dwellers in the North that it's starting to get warm down here...already had a few temps over 90, will be into triple digits any day now- and will stay there for ~6 months...
Westernskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:12 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum, Sheldon.

I took a look at your profile and am impressed by the transition you've already made, with lots of activities and absorbing hobbies. I've been reading the posts here for a couple of years, there are a lot of interesting people here. Sometimes I think it would be very interesting to run a sociogram.
CuppaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:37 AM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Welcome!
My mom lived in Scottsdale for 3 years, but that was many years ago. I have been to the Phoenix area several times. I would imagine it is much more developed than it was in 1981.
Please say hello to Camelback Mt for me.