Fidelity managed ira

alank908

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi

I'm new to this community and have 250k in an Ira to invest. Has anyone used fidelity to manage their Ira ? I currently manage my 401k and want to see how fidelity would do with a 60/40 stock/bonds or cash allocation. I most likely wont need the money for 5 to 7 years. Thanks in advance

Welcome!

I use Fidelity for my rollover Roth and traditional IRAs, and then also savings and checking, and think they're great. I can't offer much in the way of investment-specific advice, but can tell you that they have a lot of commission free ETFs and funds. If you're buying a few large blocks, then that probably won't largely factor into your selections. One other thing - the investments you purchase through them do not automatically reinvest dividends. It won't cost you anything to do that, but if you'll want to check to make sure that option is chosen.

Best of luck!

D

Fidelity has Spartan funds with very low expense ratios, so you could buy a low cost stock / bond index fund portfolio there. I'd skip the management, just do an initial free consultation to decide on which funds are appropriate, then leave the money parked in these funds.

Last edited:
+1 skip the management part. I like Fido, just select from low cost ETF index funds. That money saved from management fees goes right to your bottom line.

+1 skip the management part. I like Fido, just select from low cost ETF index funds. That money saved from management fees goes right to your bottom line.

+1
Attended a 'pitch' for their managing money, at 250K, I think you're looking at a 1% fee(ouch).

MRG

Back
Top Bottom