First post, hello!

Tawney

Confused about dryer sheets
I've been lurking for a while, this is my first post. I'm 54, work for a big corporation, and I"m 2 months or so away from a big vesting date, as well as a possible bonus. Then, after more than 25 years, I'm outta here.
Well set, I think...right now I"m thinking more about how I will cope with the next few months, than what I will do in ER. Nobody at work knows of my plan, though it seems obvious (from my attitude) to me. And I've always been such a hard worker. But, there is a long sad work story, which I look forward to forgetting. I enjoy this board because the majority of posts are very encouraging. Thanks!

Tawney, welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are more than ready to view magacorp through your rear-view mirror.

With only a couple (few?) months to go, you are in the "bulletproof" zone. Whatever they throw at you, you know you can handle since you're counting down the days!

Sounds just like my situation 7 years ago. Believe me once you announce all the pressure will be off. They will view you as already gone. Anyway they have no leverage over you anymore so enjoy your last days as a working stiff. :D

Been there, done that. Thank the Lord it is over! Welcome aboard and if you ever need a venting place, well just holler at me!

Connie

Congrats on the (bright!) light at the end of the work tunnel! I was with megacorp for 23 years when I bailed - don't miss a thing. Have fun these last couple months looking through FIRE goggles and be glad you played the saving game - few do :)

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. It certainly helps.

Good luck in your retirement. i recently retired at 55 after years of a workaholic. Took getting used to but now I enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom