flipstress checking in and thanking you

flipstress

Full time employment: Posting here.
Hello. I mostly lurk but do post once in a while.

I just want to say hi and thank everyone for the sharing of investment (and other) advice, not to mention the entertaining posts and interesting stories about your lives.

I came over two decades ago to the US and I was a blank slate regarding investing (and almost everything else). When I was growing up in the Philippines, most people invested in land or gold and diamond jewelry. (Shoes don't really keep their value. :D )

I've spent most of my time in the US surviving--going to school, getting and keeping a series of jobs, seeking and finally getting a green card, and last year attaining citizenship.

So, I was and (actually still am) financially naive regarding investments, and I truly value the investment education I get here.

Thanks and warm regards to all.

flipstress

I've spent most of my time in the US surviving--going to school, getting and keeping a series of jobs, seeking and finally getting a green card, and last year attaining citizenship.flipstress

Flipstress, congratulations on all your accomplishments, definitely including becoming a US citizen!

I hope your successes will continue, and God willing, even increase.

Welcome!

Mikey

Hello Flipstress,

Congratulations on becoming a US citizen. It sounds like you are accomplishing a great deal in your life!

I am basically a lurker also. I enjoy reading financial books from the library and financial magazines, but I definitely feel like a financial baby compared to most of the people on this board.

I am very thankful that people are willing to share their knowledge with us. Hopefully, we will learn together.

Welcome to the board.

Dreamer

Back
Top Bottom