Free and Clear

fruitful

Dryer sheet wannabe
55 YO and this will be my first weekend without having to face a Monday morning of w**k. Since high school at least.

Looking forward to having a lot more time for small projects around the house. Planning a spring garden, working on a couple of upgrades to the chicken coop, and getting ready to touch up paint all around the house. Will likely wash and detail my car - myself, at home.

Also will be shopping for Christmas gifts and groceries during off-peak hours.

Husband planning to retire in 3-6 months.

Hard to believe this day has finally arrived...

:D:D:D

Cool beans, welcome to the club!

Congratulations!

Welcome aboard. You're gonna love Monday.

Congrats and welcome to you, Bishop. My favorite part of the week is Tuesday afternoon. Just a random block of time during which most people are at w*rk. And I'm not!!
My wife says that the stress has disappeared from my face. My friends tell me I look 10 years younger. Enjoy!

-BB

It feels so good, doesn't it?

Welcome aboard! :greetings10: Retired earlier this year at 60. Started working at age 10 with a paper route before school - worked pretty much the next 50 years.

Gotta admit, this retirement gig is the best yet!

Sunday evenings take on a whole new feel; at least when I give thought as to what day of the week it is. :LOL:

Congratulations! Starting work as a teen meant becoming an adult, now I feel like a kid again. There's something to be said for working on something because I want to, not because you have to. Enjoy the freedom.

Congratulations, and welcome to the class of 2017. Being able to go out middle of the day and mid-week for shopping or whatever is great. Less traffic, better parking, less crowded, usually no waiting time, and deal with more long term qualified employees.

No longer have to dread Sunday night. No more alarm clock. There are many benefits that you will be able to enjoy.

Wow!!! Congrats on your first Monday playing hooky........ for the rest of your life. You will have a short adjustment and then things get real smooth.

Welcome to retirement!

VW

Congrats! You'll find you start looking forward to weekdays, rather than dreading them.

It sounds like you'll be keeping yourself busy. The thing that still amazes me is how I ever found time to w*rk!

Congrats! I've been out a month now and it's so liberating. [emoji4]

Good for you and I wish you a great retirement.

I punched out 2 yrs ago, DH followed a year later. We just left a NHL game with no thoughts of it being a Sunday night & did we get everything done for the week. Welcome to life outside the rat wheel!

I punched out 2 yrs ago, DH followed a year later. We just left a NHL game with no thoughts of it being a Sunday night & did we get everything done for the week. Welcome to life outside the rat wheel!
That is exactly what I"m looking forward to in a year and a half...not worrying about getting everything done - chores, laundry, errands, etc. - by Sunday night. I think that Monday is going be my favorite day of the week!

Congrats !! Who knows, maybe Mondays will become your favorite day now ��

Congrats !!

I retired at 55 ten years ago... loving every minute of it and never looked back !

Although I have had a couple of nightmares that I was still at work... until waking up and getting out of bed whenever I feel like it, finally convinced my subconscious I was never going back.

Congrats !! Who knows, maybe Mondays will become your favorite day now ��

At my retirement reception on my last day at work [a Friday]... I wore a t-shirt that said:

" Monday has been canceled."

Good for you Bishop. Wishing you and your hubby all the best.

I'm right behind you... 9 days to go and I'll be released from "w*rk prison."

I'm planning to wake up in Miami next Saturday morning and go cruising.

I

Back
Top Bottom