Join Early Retirement Today

Old 07-09-2020, 12:35 PM   #21
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane_Doe View Post
DD4L,

CONGRATS!! Also been known to lurk. Working on being semi-RE myself.

Wishing you great luck and see you around!

Jane
Thanks!

Did give semi-FIRE the college try but the micromanagement was unbearable even in smaller doses.

Full FIRE became mandatory...even mid Covid 👋🏃*♂️

Good luck to you too!

DD4L
DD4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2020, 07:10 PM   #22
Full time employment: Posting here.

Congratulations! You've lived in some interesting places and had a nice break, but it sounds like you've landed in a great location. Enjoy your FIRE!
Katiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 08:26 PM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Welcome- Looking forward to reading your posts!
Old 07-15-2020, 08:51 PM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Outstanding!
street is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 09:09 AM   #25
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Congrats and welcome! There's a blast of excitement in every one of your posts. Puts a smile on my face. Reminds me of summer vacation after a grueling school year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Rianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 07:42 PM   #26
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD4L View Post
Thanks [emoji120]

This final full retirement launch was a little different due to quitting while working from home during Covid. I thought I’d like it better doing my job there but found you just never escape the job stress. Job and personal life interact too much with each other for it to work.

Attending micromanaged meetings from the comfort of sitting at your breakfast bar is still getting micromanaged unfortunately.

I did get the chance to go back to the empty office to drop off the laptop though, it was eery but strangely comforting. Took my nameplate and felt the huge relief I was looking for, gave the badge to security and did the rear view mirror glance. [emoji4]

Now the new chapter is here!!🥳
WOW, you sound like my doppelgänger in spirit and about a month ahead of me. Even the same career and same places I lake to travel to. Had a trip to England planned for May but then the Covid came. I've been to southern England but haven't made it to the Isle of wight. And spent a lot of time in Charleston working at the Airforce base on C17 flight simulator SW.

Not quite FIREd yet, but very soon and I can't wait for that last trip to the office you describe.
cat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote