Glad to be here

bulwinkl

Confused about dryer sheets
Twice retired, early from AT&T at age 49 and later from the flower business
at 61. (owned a flower shop). Took a buyout for my AT&T pension and with my IRA was sitting pretty. Owner financed the flower store to two individuals who promptly ran it in the ground. Sued for non payment and both filed bankruptcy. Received about 30 cents on the dollar from one's half share of the business and who had some money but nothing from the other who filed with no assets.

I found this page while searching for some information about Lucent stock. My mom passed ten years ago and I am the executor of her estate. There has been no market for it so I have had it rented to cover expenses and create income. I have a buyer now and while searching for the title insurance for the property I found some stock certificates in her name that I had not seen before. The thread was from 2016 and had some information I will check to see if is still current.
I have two IRA's, traditional and a self directed with which I bought a house and acreage next to Mom's estate. I am 72 and sure I will have questions here in the future.

Thanks for having me.

Welcome! And feel free to ask any questions here. Whatever your question, there are members of this esteemed group that have the knowledge and experience to answer it.

Welcome to our wonderful forum.
No mention of a Rocky...:cool:

Welcome! I'm glad you found us. Looking forward to reading more posts from you :)

Welcome to the group. You'll find knowledgeable folks from all areas... small business owners, those that rent out homes, those who retire quite young as well as older, those with plenty of cushion in their retirement assets and those that run on a tight budget. So enjoy the group discussions and feel free to start threads on any type of questions you have.

Welcome to the forum! It is a very knowledgeable group on many topics. And helpful.

Welcome.... We have some things in common right off the bat... My first career pension came from the same companies. I took the pension buy-out too 20+ years ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom