Going at 56

postpete

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi FIREs, I am all set to go at the end of this July. I will be finishing a 31+ year career with the Postal Service. With a pension, special supplement (until 62,then SS) and an $800 withdrawal from TSP, monthly I should be fairly close to my current take-home. I am blessed with a wife who is making ~$80000 and still has at least 6 more years until her day. I have questions but will save for another forum. Take care all, hope to see you on the other side!

Welcome postpete! We look forward to helping out with your questions and hearing about all of your new fun pursuits in retirement!

Way to go Pete!

Only 3 more months - :)

Congratulations postpete, I'm 53.5 years old and intend to get out on my 55th birthday, finances are all in order. I was planning to go late last year but an internal job change has made me happier and the extra couple of years work will boost my company pension. Mid 50's is a nice time to go as we are still relatively young. Enjoy it!

Well all, I made it ! Today was the last day of punching a time clock. Tomorrow I am sleeping in, no alarm set. It will take awhile before it all sinks in, that I won't be getting another paycheck. I was supposed to receive a pin and a plaque today but it got misplaced! As long as they don't misplace my pension check. Wife still has to work but I have faith that we can handle that. Thanks for the support! Will give updates.

Well all, I made it ! Today was the last day of punching a time clock. Tomorrow I am sleeping in, no alarm set. It will take awhile before it all sinks in, that I won't be getting another paycheck. I was supposed to receive a pin and a plaque today but it got misplaced! As long as they don't misplace my pension check. Wife still has to work but I have faith that we can handle that. Thanks for the support! Will give updates.

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Yay for you!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

But what are you going to do all day? :D Someone had to say it.

Back
Top Bottom