Great Find Here

dumpster56

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Great info on this forum.

Took the plunge in Feb of 07. Have a pension of about 35,000 a year before taxes. No mortgage, no debt. kids are grown and married professionals with advanced degrees. I keep pinching myself being only 51 and out of the rat race. I am still doing some low stress part time things, 2 days a week for a few hours a day that puts an additional 3,000 dollars a month again before taxes. We have medical coverage with my pension. Even a low cost generic prescription and dental plan. The pension is Cola'd after the second year and then every year. Wife will start a small pension in 13 months add anothe 3,000 a year.

We figure we can live easily on 45 a year. Funny I have more money now with my pension and part time work with no mortgage and lower taxes then when I was working and living in that other high tax state. Sold our house for a silly amount of money about two years ago before the bottom fell out of the market. No mortgage is a real deal maker! In addition to health insurance provided by my pension.

We have another 50+ or - in CDs so no biggie in cash. Spent most on kids college and professional schools. Plus I knew I had a pension. In 8 years the wife will start taking SS and I will in 10 years that will give us another 22,000 a year we figure.

So, lets see, now we have about 65 before tax between pension and 2 days a week part time work and little outgo when it comes to money. I am happy.

Welcome.

It looks like you have come to the right place. We look forward to your participation.

Great info on this forum.

Funny I have more money now with my pension and part time work with no mortgage and lower taxes then when I was working and living in that other high tax state. No mortgage is a real deal maker! In addition to health insurance provided by my pension.

I can't wait for this situation myself. Sounds like you are in good shape. Congrats and welcome!!

Tomcat98

Welcome to the forums, Thisissogreat. Your COLA'd pension and medical benefits sound wonderful.

Enjoy your retirement and time here.

Back
Top Bottom