Greetings and Happy New Year from Cincinnati

CincyDave

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Been a member here for a few years but finally decided to make my first post. Have a little extra time now. Last day of w*rk was 12/31/20. Have been FI for a few years but the job wasn’t bad and I really liked my coworkers. With Covid, we’ve been working from home since March so I really didn’t get to see my work peeps anymore and decided it was time. As my good fortune would have it, the company came out with a buyout offer shortly after I announced my retirement. I was eligible for it but had to work a few more months than I had planned but it was well worth it.

I’m 63, so not really early by a lot of folk’s standards but I always considered 65 as kind of “standard” retirement date so I’m calling it early.:D

I’ve learned a lot and been entertained a lot on this site so thank you all! My favorite thread is probably the “blow that dough” thread. I’ll need to make that mindset shift from saving to spending. DW already has. Haha

Anyhow, just wanted to stop by and say hi. Cheers all!

Welcome and congratulations! I’m 50 days out from my retirement date. I was hoping for the voluntary pkg but it never came. Enjoy!

Welcome and congratulations! I’m 50 days out from my retirement date. I was hoping for the voluntary pkg but it never came. Enjoy!

Well you still got 50 days left so it could happen:cool:

Welcome to the best part of your life. You went out on great terms. Enjoy.

Congrats on becoming retired status! From your username, I assume you live in the Cincinnati area? Welcome from fellow Cincinnati area member.

Congratulations!

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

@Ready2Go….I was only about 5 weeks from my date when the offer came completely out of the blue, so there is still hope. I’m rooting for you.

@38Chevy454….Yep, west side of Cincy. Good to know another local here.

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

@Ready2Go….I was only about 5 weeks from my date when the offer came completely out of the blue, so there is still hope. I’m rooting for you.

Thanks. Maybe a 1% chance for me. My place did a voluntary separation pkg 4 years ago. They had so many takers that they had to give retention bonuses to certain people to stay long enough to find & train replacements. Ended up costing them a lot more than anticipated. At this point, I think they would rather just do layoffs. We’ll see.

Back
Top Bottom