Heaven-O

Chris7

Recycles dryer sheets
I read this story years and years ago where a city council of a small town in TX decided to stop using Hello as a greeting and used Heaven-O instead. Now, no normal linguist in the world believes that Hello has any origins from H-E-Double Hocky-stick, but still focusing on above felt like a better alternative. :cool:

I'm 46, have been married to my junior high school sweet heart for almost 24-years. We have 6 kids and are currently 1/2 nesters.

Working on getting debt paid off and an emergency fund built. We did spend too much last year on some family trips and also figured my sales would cover it. Well sales dropped so now working on getting that under control. Sure made some great memories though.

I have a portfolio that is about 62% stocks and 38% fixed incoming (primarily CDs). My stocks are split about 50% in individual stocks and 50% ETFs. During the recent volatility, my CDs gained in value so my portfolio was still in the black.

Have a great rest of the day everyone.
cd :O)

Hi ChrisCD, and welcome to the forum. What brings you here?

Last edited:
I saw this forum mentioned on another website so popped over. I like personal finance and certainly seeing folks focused on FIRE (took me a bit to get the acronym), gets me motivated to shoot for the stars. :O)

I saw this forum mentioned on another website so popped over. I like personal finance and certainly seeing folks focused on FIRE (took me a bit to get the acronym), gets me motivated to shoot for the stars. :O)
Nice. So, are you focused on FIRE as well? Tell us a bit about your early retirement goals.

I have not been and wasn't sure it really was possible for us, but I'm beginning to see that it could be. I actually do have a job I enjoy and could theoretically do it for quite some time. But, would rather enjoy doing it because I can instead of have to.

We have a retirement account that I am no able to contribute almost $1000/mo. It is currently at about $42K. We have about $200K to $250K in equity in our home and realize that can evaporate, but plan to be there for quite some time and will have it paid off in about 18-years.

We do have a high debt load but are working on getting that paid down. Part of the reason I contribute to the retirement account is for the company match (so we are putting $500 into it).

Don't have an emergency fund so that is the next focus. Just paid of our vehicle so no auto debt. Paying Medical and insurance for two adult children. One is in college, one is a missionary. Have 3 children at home. Wife has a day care and is working on replacing that with a Personal fitness business.

If we were able to be at 60 and enjoy some extra traveling and/or time with kids/grandkids that would be great.

With my income, I hit the max to SS every year.
cd :O)

Welcome! Hope to hear more from you in the future!

"If I owned Hell and Texas, I would live in Hell and rent out Texas."

-- General Philip Sheridan, 1866

Back
Top Bottom