Hello

Arc

Recycles dryer sheets
Hello all,
Very interesting board - one of the most interesting I've come across in along time. Retiring early is definitely on the goal list. Currently 42 with 430K in savings and saving 18% per year. Not necessarily shooting for a date but for an amount - $3M. Figuring that would provide very generous income as well as growing wealth. Am very interested in any thoughts you guys may have.

Arc said:
Not necessarily shooting for a date but for an amount - $3M.  Figuring that would provide very generous income as well as growing wealth.  Am very interested in any thoughts you guys may have. 
Welcome to the board, Arc.

Have you looked at your expenses?

A 4% withdrawal rate on a $3M portfolio would give you $120K/year. Many on this board ER'd on $25K-50K/year, so your $3M goal might keep you working a lot longer than perhaps you'd care to.

Nords said:
Welcome to the board, Arc.

Have you looked at your expenses? 

A 4% withdrawal rate on a $3M portfolio would give you $120K/year.  Many on this board ER'd on $25K-50K/year, so your $3M goal might keep you working a lot longer than perhaps you'd care to.

Good point....................$3 million is a big number..............I'm just doing a little math in my head, but it seems you would have to save about $3000 a month for 15 years or more, and average 9% to get there............

Back
Top Bottom