Hello. 30 days out...

Bonesaw383

Confused about dryer sheets
42 y.o., married, with 16 y.o and 13 y.o..

Like many here, I have been lurking for months soaking up as much info from all of you as I can. Your posts have been very helpful in allaying my fears and inspiring us to give ER a go....not to mention quite entertaining at times.

We are 30 days out from starting transition leave after over 24 years in the Army and before I found this site, I felt like I was the only one who thought like I did. I never saw myself working until old age and always looked at my military pension and health benefits as the key to preventing it. Wife and I have been LBOM and saving since we married in 1992 and have some paid-off rental property for income as well. Current plan has us living comfortably off of military retirement check and rental income without tapping into our savings to live. Kids' college is covered by savings and xfer of Post 9-11 GI Bill (Thx Uncle Sam!). Staying put for the time being.... but looking to relocate somewhere warm as wife is from AZ and has had enough of Northeast winters. Wife has compromised on the relocation thing by my agreeing to budget in 3-4 months somewhere warm each winter until the kids are out of HS.......Have already rented a house in Ft. Myers, FL and one in Crystal River, FL for NOV 11 thru JAN 12 and coordinated for the kids to attend school via our District's online Virtual Academy......Winter 12-13 is already planned for Tucson Area.

Thanks again for all of the wisdom you all impart via this most wonderful community.

Bonesaw

Welcome to the board, Bonesaw, and congratulations!

Welcome aboard and congrats!

Back
Top Bottom