Hello All, I am 66 years old and retiring January 1st, 2023

Healthy Lifestyle

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi All, :greetings10:

I am 66 years old and and newly registered with the site after following along for the last 3 or more years behind the scenes.

I have enjoy reading all of the helpful posts and comments and am fortunate to have found such a great and informed group of friendly posters.

I have decided to retire as of January 1st, 2023 after 38 years with the same fortune 500 company. My wife is 64 years old and want to work a few more years before she retires.

I have a lot to learn and experience as I enter the next chapter of my life and look forward to and appreciate the many helpful topics and comments along the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome and congratulations! If indeed you've been living the healthy lifestyle, hopefully you'll have a long and wonderful retirement. Perhaps your first few months will be so great that your DW will join you sooner rather than later!

We look forward to hearing about your adventures!

Congratulations and welcome!
If you haven’t already signed up for Medicare Parts A & B and a supplement, I suggest you do so, unless you’ll be staying on your spouse’s coverage.

Welcome. It's always nice to add new people and new ideas to this site.
Best of luck with your retirement.

Congratulations!

Congratulations! And welcome to what I think is the very best part of life. :D

Congratulations on your upcoming retirement and welcome to the Forum!
Look forward to hearing more about you on the journey

Thanks for the warm welcome and thoughts.
To Dash Man: I am presently signed up for Medicare Parts A & B, but also I have company Healthcare Benefit that will last throughout 2023, which I am still deciding if I want to keep both for the year. Social security rules will have a say on this.

I am using 6 weeks of banked vacation time now and enjoying the following:
Not waking up early for work and rolling out of bed when I feel like it, haha.
Not waking in the middle of the night thinking about work related stressful demands.
Not having those long drives to and from work.

So yes this feeling of freedom to do what I want is quite the ride and look forward to what's to come.

Welcome and congrats. Must be exhilarating to be so close to starting a new chapter in your life! It's a great feeling.

Welcome. Be sure to get back to us on how things are going or if you run into some issues. We have a wealth of experience. Do keep in mind that our advice is worth every penny you pay for it (so, do your own research as well.) :greetings10:

Back
Top Bottom