Hello Everyone

Pete

Recycles dryer sheets
Just joined the ER way of life one month ago at 50 and loving it. Worked 26 years in law enforcement.

Gonna take my first trip from L A to Dallas via I 40 soon. Looking to put together a list of sites to see along the way. I'm partial to the outdoors-hiking, biking, and kayaking.

Anyone have any good suggestions?

I'm partial to the outdoors-hiking, biking, and kayaking.

Anyone have any good suggestions?

Bring along some comfortable shoes, a bike and a kayak... ;)

Oh yeah, and don't wait too long to make your trip or the heat will fry you once you get to Albuquerque and beyond.

Pete, I too am in Law Enforcement (13.5 years) and was wondering how you did it? What kind of pension, deffered comp etc did you recieve. I will receive 50% base salary after 20. Then we have a Plan B or it is also commonly referred to the "Lousianna Plan". I am hoping to retire at 48 with 25 years of service. I am currently the rank of Corporal.

Just joined the ER way of life one month ago at 50 and loving it. Worked 26 years in law enforcement.

Gonna take my first trip from L A to Dallas via I 40 soon. Looking to put together a list of sites to see along the way. I'm partial to the outdoors-hiking, biking, and kayaking.

Welcome Pete.
Sorry I don't have any suggestions for the outdoor activities. I just wanted to remind you to make a right turn off of I 40 by the time you get to Oklahoma City if you are going to Dallas.;)

Welcome to the forum!

I also retired after 29 years in law enforcement. In the winter I go into hibernation mode but in decent weather I enjoy being outside. Not so much hiking (bad knee) but bicycling and a small boat are fun.

Hi Pete and welcome.

Another survivor of big city policing here, 25 years of actual work (with an extra 2 1/2 years collecting a paycheck while burning accumulated time) and left at 45.

I can't say much for hiking around Dallas, but if you would like to take a side trip to the beautiful Texas Hill Country, I highly recommend Lost Maples or Enchanted Rock.

TPWD: Lost Maples State Natural Area

TPWD: Enchanted Rock State Natural Area

figures

Figures I would find a lot of you guys and your types here. Seems to be universal. All we think of is retirement.:D

Back
Top Bottom